Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Boyer Saphir "B" 75mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Boyer Saphir "B" 75mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

This is a French Plasmat-type enlarger lens (6 elements in 4 groups, 2-1|1-2). It has a m39 mount, so I used it on my camera with the help of a M39 to M42 adapter, a M42 to Pentax K mount adapter, and that combination on a Pentax Helicoid Extension Tube (to focus the lens).

The lens is not very contrasty, so a hood is mandatory and even then the contrast suffers in bright daylight. However it certainly is able to capture all subtle hues, without any CA or visible distortion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely done Peter! I was never too impressed about the Saphirs (there are many), but you used it well!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus! It was fun to try a Plasmat type lens for the first time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice !

I have been trying to get a Boyer but they all seem to have a high collector value, at least in the US.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens looks avarage to me , but your samples make it to good one Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using this lens on your dSLR must have been quite an exercise Shocked
and these look great. I have to get this lens! ..joking

Peter it's just that the clarity and details of your photos amaze me every time!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely, Attila makes the valid objection that you are too good a photographer, true indeed, that the lens is only average.....

On another thread he wants all processing to be done to get the best of that lens.

I think he is consistent, but only if he can "see through" the processing?

Wonderful photos and great technique, pre- and post processing!