Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First outing with Biotar T 1Q - I'm impressed!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: First outing with Biotar T 1Q - I'm impressed! Reply with quote

For about 2 years now I've been sitting on a beautiful T-coated, 1Q marked Biotar. Preset design. 12 blades I believe? I couldn't bring myself to sell it despite the fact that it ONLY worked on a camera without an auto-aperture mechanism. The problem is this:

(picture credit to David (Petzval 1840))

The biotar has a protrusion past the mount that is not too deep but it is too wide. Any auto aperture mechanism is jammed into place and typically this jams the entire camera. I only use m42 lenses and had only used m42 cameras up until about a month ago. To give up the auto feature that most of my lenses have for just this one lens didn't make sense at the time.

Now with the Sony A850 this is no longer an issue. It mounts perfectly and nothing has to move so it doesn't jam.

A sample:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic portrait.
Like the colours and this different style.
Excellent. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb!!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great photo, Anastasia is your muse and the Biotar is your cithara!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say that your decision re this camera and this lens were both superb. imho this is the finest result ive seen from your usually very fine posts, its just stunning. i think i would never take this lens off this camera!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrtait.

If you let me say, I found only three details:

1- The left hand of the model is far form the face, so it seems so big.
2- The glasses of the model cover partially her right eye.
3. The branch at the foreground is something distractive.

Only details, no more. The portrait is very nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great shot!

Very Happy

Klaus