Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Very rare 1000mm F6.7 MF mirror lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Very rare 1000mm F6.7 MF mirror lens Reply with quote

Hi,

This is a very rare Chinese medium format 1000mm F6.7 mirror lens. Yes It is F6.7, but only weighs a mear 3000 grams. It is very sharp and contrasty for a mirror lens. It compares well to tthe Russian MTO 1000A 1100/10 for IQ. It has a Hassyblad mount, but I use it on a DSLR with an adaptor. Perhaps less than 10 lenses were made, and so far only 2 examples are known including this one. Very Happy The famous Zeiss mirotar 1000/5.6 weighs a little more at 16 kgs. Wink

Cheers,

kievuser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a beast.
Would you care to show us some images?
What's the name of it, if it's readable of course?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate weapon!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems more like a telescope than that a camera lens. Could you post some samples?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Ultimate weapon!

Yes, it is a missle tracking lens used by Chinese army. Very Happy It has no brand name, nor s/n, but only some codes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a missile tracking lens have a Hasselblad mount???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Looks like a beast.
Would you care to show us some images?
What's the name of it, if it's readable of course?

Here is a re-sized moon image with Canon 300D. It compres well with my MTO 1000A, but it is a medium format lens.
Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Why would a missile tracking lens have a Hasselblad mount???

Hi, Claus,

This is a medium format lens. China did not have a reliable medium format SLR camera for this lens, so it was made in Hasslblad mount. It may not be a tracking lens, but for photographing the trace of a missle. I have another China made 2000mm F7 real missle tracking lens that weighs about 30 kgs, and was mounted on an automatic tracking device. The device then was installed on a vehicle.
I think I can read a newspaper with this 2000/7 lens 2-300 meters away with a 10X eyepiece. Laughing

Cheers,

Kievuser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! On all accounts!

I would love to see an image of the big 2000 as well!

Very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:

I have another China made 2000mm F7 real missle tracking lens that weighs about 30 kgs, and was mounted on an automatic tracking device. The device then was installed on a vehicle.
I think I can read a newspaper with this 2000/7 lens 2-300 meters away with a 10X eyepiece. Laughing

Cheers,

Kievuser

Damn man, that's impressive!!!
Post a picture with that monster next to something we can recognize.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
kievuser wrote:

I have another China made 2000mm F7 real missle tracking lens that weighs about 30 kgs, and was mounted on an automatic tracking device. The device then was installed on a vehicle.

Cheers,

Kievuser

Damn man, that's impressive!!!
Post a picture with that monster next to something we can recognize.

i can't use it to take pictures. Just too heavy and big. On the left is the MTO 1000A. looks tiny, and a Kiev 88 attached to this lens. The current missle tracking lens is many times bigger than this one. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a photographer and his/her toys Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, a pickup truck with an altazimuth mount welded on the truck bed would be a start. It would look like a Somali "technical", but with a camera in place of the big machine gun.

You realize a rig like that would get you instant press credentials almost anywhere. That, or you may get arrested.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind some red insulating tape around the front rim too for instant 'L' credentials....

Then sign up to a Canon forum and post away.... Laughing

When they ask about IS, tell them it's got a new type of image stabilisation called MASS.... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I agree, can't shake it - if you can't lift it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Hmm, a pickup truck with an altazimuth mount welded on the truck bed would be a start. It would look like a Somali "technical", but with a camera in place of the big machine gun.

You realize a rig like that would get you instant press credentials almost anywhere. That, or you may get arrested.

Rolling Eyes Your last comment made me sleepless for two nights! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fotal wrote:
a photographer and his/her toys Very Happy

Isn't the 2000mm F7 a most impressive toy? Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Wind some red insulating tape around the front rim too for instant 'L' credentials....

Then sign up to a Canon forum and post away.... Laughing

When they ask about IS, tell them it's got a new type of image stabilisation called MASS.... Wink

I am going to make a site for some interesting Chinese stuffs. Many are hidden treasures. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
Very Happy I agree, can't shake it - if you can't lift it!

That is it. It is best mounted on a massive tractor. Laughing