Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vega 22UC 103mm/5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Vega 22UC 103mm/5.6 Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

Some days ago, I bought this lens in local shop for some euros, which looks quite strange, even for an enlarger lens. So I thought it may interest you Smile .

It's a quite heavy lens in M42 mount, with integrated filter selection. You can mix 2 filter (blue and yellow, deeper blue and yellow) buy moving the 2 things on the top of the lens. Filter are moving verticaly (they are visible on photos). I guess it was supposed to be usefull in order to do color correction directly from the lens in enlarging process. It isn't really usefull for modern photography... but it's quite fun to see how people are looking at this lens screwed on the Nex 3 Smile .

Naturely, there isn't focus ring, so I managed get focus to 4-5metters with macro rings... but since I bought some enlarging lenses those last days, I plan to get an M42 helicoïd thing...

Also the lens can rotate (it rotate on the back circle plate, visible on photo #2), but I dunno exactly why.

Unfortunatly, I didn't make real test shot, especialy because weather is now very bad, with great light for depression. But I'm not expecting great results.

Best reguards,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile I want to see a few pics made with it on your NEX Smile
You might get suprised - some of enlarger lenses of this kind are very good performers also as taking lens!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some quick shots on my Nex-6, the lens is rather a gimmick - too heavy & cumbersome.

Last edited by wolfhansen on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice shots, sharp and good color...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon May 09, 2016 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i found about the filters of the Вега 22УЦ (Russian Name of the Lens) :

Designed for printing color and b / w photos , including multikontrastnoy paper.
Built subtractive color filters allow to achieve correct color . High Definition Optics .
Conceals frame : from 24x36 mm to 6x9 cm, and progress to 9x12 cm lens can be used on any enlarger
with a landing thread M 42 : Crocus , Azov , Belarus or via an adapter on the other thread .
Also, the lens can be used for macro and wide angle on the cameras as 9x12 cm Filters can be used for
a variety of spectacular tricks with coloring relevant portions of an image .
Another type of application - use the lens as an optical element of lighting to create spectacular color spotlighting
areas of the image .
Optical device enabling color correction in projection printing from color negatives . Represents an object ,
which mounted two yellow , magenta and cyan corrective vsetofiltry . When relative movement changes
the luminous lens opening overlapped each of the filters , and the spectral changes accordingly composition
of the light flux emitted by the color photographic paper " [24 , pp. 216 ] .
The lens has an angle of view of 52 °. Resolution, center / edge lines / mm - 65/ 20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I got my Vega 22UC lens in the post today, I have attached a normal M42 to M43 (for my GH2 camera).
I cant seem to be able to focus the lens (I know its a fixed infinity lens), but infinity is blurred too. Do I need a different kind of adapter?
please help, I am dying to use it as some of the photos I have seen taken with this lens look absolutely stunning.
Here is a pic from the web that looks like the m42 to m43 adapter is longer than the normal one:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the photo, it's an M43 adapter + helicoide. This lens has long focal flange. To get infinity, use macro ring"(if you don't have helicoide in order to focus).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics updated & recovered

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome combo and good results! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from all those lovely photos posted there to focus all you need to do is be beyond certain distance? (F-stop dependable)?
I have one for these lenses and i haven't got to use it yet because it seems like i have to get some extender rings to add to the m42 to m43 adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
On the photo, it's an M43 adapter + helicoide. This lens has long focal flange. To get infinity, use macro ring"(if you don't have helicoide in order to focus).

Yes, I was shocked when I first received the lens how unusable it was. So I decided to 'make it work' I bought a M42 to M42 helicoid, after that, the M42 to M43 adapter (for GH2 or BMPCC), it still didn't work so I ordered a pile of M42 to M42 extender rings, and after about 10 minutes I found the right combination of rings (about 1.5cm of extra length), it was two short ones. This will give you the infinity and close focus, what a cool lens. You can even do some 'manual colour balance' with the colour filter rings. Very nice glass.....and of course looks super cool.
[img][/img]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that you finaly found the way to use it Smile