Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using Jupiter 9 with Nikon.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Using Jupiter 9 with Nikon. Reply with quote

Hi. I know this has been discussed, but can't find info specific to this question-can ALL versions of the lens be adjusted for infinity on Nikons or just some versions? I plan on getting one in the near future. And if it's adjusted for Nikon, what happens when you use on Pentax? I assume you lose close focus and go past infinity??

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your last question, Nikon lens registration distance is the longest of current mounts, so Pentax lenses would lose infinity focus on Nikon and Nikon lenses would focus past infinity on Pentax (and lose close focusing capability). Just think of extension tubes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also buy Jupiter 9A- version, with an interchangeable mount, and get a Nikon adapter. You can also use the outer part of an ordinary T2-mount. Then you can use the Jupiter (and other Russian A-version lenses) with your Nikon, getting infinity OK, and you have just change the adapter for Pentax.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9A is not a particularly common model. In fact, I'd say it's quite uncommon.