Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Use the Tablet PC as a light source
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Use the Tablet PC as a light source Reply with quote

Thera are few Apps available for Euro 1.50 to Euro 3.00 to use the tablet PC as a light source or for background textures. For example see here

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/6259749917/photo-tip-ipad-softbox

Below few samples (nothing special, only for testing) with my IPAD and a macro tele lens (Tamron SP 5.6/300mm) with D800 and my LED office desk lamp.

You can create your own backgrounds with your own images (like sky, water, colours etc.) That would be the cheapest way for use.
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice tip Rolf !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for sharing it! Very creative idea!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not exactly the same as this but i'm using tablets backlights as a light source for years! buy a cheap broken tablet (old Chinese one are the best) and use the backlight with some drivers (drivers are basically constant current source instead of constant voltage). usually the backlight section is fine even if the lcd is broken.

for more serious projects you can buy a cheap power supply (XY-SK80 around 10-15$ is perfect) and try to use some broken laptop lcd with their high-voltage module attached. the benefit of doing this is you can use this techniques as a cheap uniform light source for everything! you can build a cheap light box or use it as a portable LED panel.