Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Universon 35mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Universon 35mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I got this lens in batch , my guess it is made by Tokina. What is your idea about who made it ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow very little info on the net about this "brand"

With that silver ring toward the front....it doesn't resemble anything in my collection.

The engraving seems a little poor on the UNIVERSON...or perhas just the white paint.

Seems like a "more modern" MF Lens if you know what I mean.....will be good to see what it is capable of.

I only have one 35mm prime and they are not as common as the the 28's and the 50 so perhaps you have stumbled on a little Gem Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saffersteve wrote:
Wow very little info on the net about this "brand"

With that silver ring toward the front....it doesn't resemble anything in my collection.

The engraving seems a little poor on the UNIVERSON...or perhas just the white paint.

Seems like a "more modern" MF Lens if you know what I mean.....will be good to see what it is capable of.

I only have one 35mm prime and they are not as common as the the 28's and the 50 so perhaps you have stumbled on a little Gem Smile

Laughing In advance I say I bought a crappy lens, but who knows Laughing I will take out as soon as weather allow it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my Accura Diamatic 35mm in YS mount, thus Sigma-made

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Looks like my Accura Diamatic 35mm in YS mount, thus Sigma-made

Oooh Laughing sound is pretty hope less .. what is your opinion about your lens?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft wide open, very sharp at f5.6, can be used for macro work. I like it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Soft wide open, very sharp at f5.6, can be used for macro work. I like it

That is great I rare use lenses wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very similar Auto Chinon, it also focuses backwards (Nikon and Pentax style), it's a decent lens, not spetacular though...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Lee wrote:
I have a very similar Auto Chinon, it also focuses backwards (Nikon and Pentax style), it's a decent lens, not spetacular though...

If decent that is far over on my guess, sound is great!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has some Tokina look to it but I don't think it is.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it has some Tokina look, like some from the late 1970's.
The aperture ring design looks like some RMC Tokinas - but a similar one was used by Cosina
The letters for "ft" and "m" are Tokina style.
The style of the numbers are not Tokina though, that I know of.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did shoot with this lens , light was ideal, I used it mostly at F8-11 , performance is stunning.. Shocked Wide open also okay.

I will publish processed images later in Gallery and some straight converted ones here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had few just like that but different labels. All had greasy apertures. I think production here already transferred to Korea.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera is SONY NEX-3 vivid color mode, autohdr. Exposure compensation from 0 to -0.7 . Images converted from RAW, no post processing.

Click on each images to get higher resolution 1600px wide images!

Wide open shoots

Stopped down F8-F11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those images are really good, they do look a bit flat though, perhaps due to the winter light?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Those images are really good, they do look a bit flat though, perhaps due to the winter light?

I will publish them with my 'normal process' auto contrast, color, sharpen ... let me answer after. Light was wonderful today, good as than at spring or summer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/auto-universon-35mm-f2-8-sony-nex-3-t45677.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I will publish them with my 'normal process' auto contrast, color, sharpen ... let me answer after. Light was wonderful today, good as than at spring or summer.

To me this is an excellent lens.