Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two lenses info needed ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Two lenses info needed ... Reply with quote

A friend of mine wants to sell this lens. In my short experience with m42 lenses (it'a a m42) I never met this manufacturer. For sure it's a rebranded lens after something else ....

Second question is if someone has some info about Steinheil BV Tele Quinar 200mm f 4.5 preset also m42 serial number 2370609? especially I would like to find out the manufacturing year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per P-H Pont's Steinheil chronology, very late 1960s, possibly 1970.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's. Very few infos about Steinheil BV.
Any ideea about the so called RIA? It look's very similar to Photax 300mm but I'm not sure...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a copy of the RIA tele. Mine is just branded DOI. Accompanied a seventies Cosina SLR. I would place my bet on a Korean manufacturer but not a hefty sum.
From the picture posted I guess the threading is T2. Need an adapter to mount on a camera.

First post here. Short and hopefully informative. Wink
I appreciate all the welcomes and the like, but please not in this thread. Lets do business as usual.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:
Per P-H Pont's Steinheil chronology, very late 1960s, possibly 1970.

Hartmut Thiele's book about Steinheil is ready and will be published soon. Won't help you righ now.

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Prinz Galaxy identical to the RIA. I sold it as it just wasn't up to it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely there are two separate manufacturers that had extremely similar lenses to that "RIA".

I.e., 300mm versions of the popular 400/6.3 and 500/8 cheap teles, similar to the type often sold in the US as a "Spiratone".

NOT similar to the 400/6.3 "Astranar", that was from Kawakami/Kawanon, and there is a rare 300/5.5 version of that (and a 350 too!), and of course not similar to the Tokina preset line.

These are outwardly similar, internally quite different and obviously made by different factories. I just don't know who those makers were.

I have examples of both types.
Neither is very good for pixel peeping wide open, but quite usable. Depends on how critical you want to be.