Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tudocolor XLX ISO 100 - Canon EOS 300 (C&C welcome)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Tudocolor XLX ISO 100 - Canon EOS 300 (C&C welcome) Reply with quote

To avoid polluting Attila's ow thread, I open mine. Various lenses used here, all manual but I don't know exactly which ones... The scanner is an Epson V330 photo, using Epson Scan software on Mac.

All can be found in my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/derdide/sets/72157627167369168/

Some samples:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots but from the third one, seem to go downhill because of hairs, scratches or spots etc ...using a rocket blower and blowing negs and glass helps to eliminate pesky marks when scanning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice indeed.

#8 has a problem, not only dust. There are some coloured patches.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the top ones are the latest ones and compared to the others, I paid attention to blowing the scanner's glass - I'll blow the neg next time, thanks for the tip.
And yes, the first ones were developed in a local lab specialized in analog stuff, the later ones in a 1h-booth in the local supermarket. And in my eyes, the automatic and cheap lab is much better than the specialized one Sad good news in the end, but a bit disappointing. I don't know if it explains the coloured patches but some other pics (not uploaded) are worse for that matter...

Thanks for the comments anyway Smile

To add to a comment of mine below Attila's thread: yes, close shots are quite sharper than infinity ones, but positioning the lens on infinity gives much better results than playing with depth of field. And I confirm that they support much more sharpening than the ones coming out of my DSLR.