Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TTArtisan 50mm f/1.2 APS-C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: TTArtisan 50mm f/1.2 APS-C Reply with quote

I couldn't find any threads for this lens, so I started a new one. Here are four casual test shots using my Fujifilm X-T2. All are unedited except for minor cropping, jpeg conversion, and scaling, of course.

A lamp, shot with the aperture wide open:

Some hands, shot at f/2:

Daryl, shot at f/4 with some fill flash:

Macro of some lilac leaves, shot at f/11 with a flash and an extension tube:

Not bad for 100 USD, I'd say.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TTArtisan 50mm f/1.2 APS-C Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
I couldn't find any threads for this lens, so I started a new one. Here are four casual test shots using my Fujifilm X-T2. All are unedited except for minor cropping, jpeg conversion, and scaling, of course.

A lamp, shot with the aperture wide open:

Some hands, shot at f/2:

Daryl, shot at f/4 with some fill flash:

Macro of some lilac leaves, shot at f/11 with a flash and an extension tube:

Not bad for 100 USD, I'd say.

Nice to see what these new lenses can do! Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: TTArtisan 50mm f/1.2 APS-C Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Nice to see what these new lenses can do! Like 1

Yes, it's a good lens. Here's a picture of it:

It has 7 elements in 5 groups. Someone said it looks a little like a Russian lens - that's true. The most identifiable characteristic is the presence of the two knobs on the aperture ring.

The front coating is a pale green color, like jade, but there's a strong magenta, ring-shaped reflection that comes from somewhere too. You can see it in the picture.

There is a lot of purple CA in high-contrast situations with the aperture wide open. There's some barrel distortion, but not excessive. The inter-tonal detail is excellent; black and white shots look superb.

It's not super-sharp wide open, but it's not horrible.

My test shooting has been severely limited by cold, wind, rain, and snow, and the greenery where I live is just starting to emerge. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get some more interesting bokeh shots - and more interesting shots generally.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it from a friend without knowing this lens at all and I am very surprised - super sharpness already at 1.2.
Photo Sony NEX-5R + Wide Open.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siudym wrote:
I bought it from a friend without knowing this lens at all and I am very surprised - super sharpness already at 1.2.

Great picture 👍👍👍

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrait!

Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siudym wrote:

Very nice!

It's one of the best lenses out there from a price-to-performance perspective.