Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan infinity problem.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Trioplan infinity problem. Reply with quote

I was looking already for some time for Trioplan 100/2.8 and finally found one for reasonable price in exakta mount with exakta to eos adapter. I'm 4/3 user so I bot another one adapter from eos to 4/3. But when I mounted it all together i found out that i don't have an infinity Sad maximum 8-10m.
Does somebody know is it 2 adapters problem or maybe it is lens itself have focus problem?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess EOS to Exakta adapter is trouble maker. I use many stacked adapters with Panasonic G1 or Sony NEX where is plenty of space tp make thick adapters. On EOS many adapter very thin 1-2 mm only not easy to make them to support with all lenses infinity. 4/3 - Exakta adapters are thick and no infinity problem with any lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for advice. I just thought that if i got eos-exakta anyway it would be 3 times cheaper to by 4/3-eos than 4/3 -exakta. They are quite expencive Sad.

Well, there is alway an option to convert it to m42, i think.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ruin lens value with DIY conversion.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, of cause not. I don't want to destroy such a good lens. Was thinking of using of some kind of adaptation of this method http://forum.mflenses.com/announcing-easy-cheap-non-destructive-exakta-pentax-adapter-t34663,highlight,%2Bexakta.html to make it usable with my m42 adapter. If that would not work i'll better buy exakta- 4/3 adapter) there are a lot of other interesting lenses in this mount and they usually much cheaper than in m42 verion Very Happy