Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcor 100mm f2.8 Navy version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Topcor 100mm f2.8 Navy version Reply with quote

Hi-res images are here

Last edited by Attila on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, Attila!

Simply, Impressive!

All are really beauty.

Thanks. Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rino!

I think this is a great lens really as all Topcor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girls are adorable, and I think the pelican really shows the strength of this lens. I recently acquired the 135 and the 35 from Topcor, but have not yet been able to try them out. I bought them based on my experience with the 100, which you demonstrate so well here

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ! I know this lens from Allessandro ! Many thanks to him to opened my eyes.
I found this lens beautiful performer even in bad weather condition.
I really look forward your samples Patrick!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! This is a perfect serie!

The lens performs superb..

And also nice portraits...

thanks for sharing

tf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pelican picture is impressive!!
Do you have a picture of the lens?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe I'm so happy Attila found out the beauty of Topcor lenses... too bad that I still don't own the 100mm, and with example like these now the prices will surely inflate! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The pelican picture is impressive!!
Do you have a picture of the lens?

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Hehehe I'm so happy Attila found out the beauty of Topcor lenses... too bad that I still don't own the 100mm, and with example like these now the prices will surely inflate! Very Happy

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hires images are here

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila: I realize this is an old post, but wonder if you can still rate this lens against Kalejnar?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to re-test again both , as I remember Topcor had stunning contrast even in bad light and sharp for sure and light weight.
Kaleinar had less sharp and less contrast more weight , but nothing what we can't fix in pp. I wish to have Kaleinar again and I really not care about topcors. Topcor finish not touch my heart it looks cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topcor is one of my favourite lenses and it behaves really well on the Nex 5N (as do the 35mm and 135mm siblings). The kaleinar I have only used (so far) on the Nikon D70 and it was an excellent lens with great colour saturation. Built of solid lead (or something similar) it seems indestructible. Very similar in many ways to the cheapo nikon 100/2.8 series E, another decent lens of this type.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really surprised to hear Attila speak of it in terms that it might be superior to the Kalejnar, mostly because I've seen him speak highly of the Kalejnar. The Kalejnar surprised me when I got it as I wasn't expecting it to outperform my Pentor, but it did.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh: How does it adapt to the NEX?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a decent nex/exakta adapter available on ebay. My version was adapted to M42 using a replacement mount I got on ebay.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Kaleinar 100/2.8 Reply with quote

Put it on the Nex5N today, just to remind myself. Still love the colours:

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh: Are the replacement mounts available or was that a one-off you came across?

This last set of photos seem stopped down. Did you do any CA correction?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, this was the kaleinar 100/2.8. Yes they are stopped down. The topcor, to my eyes, is even better than this lens, but I am afraid I do not pixel peep, so CA has to grab me before I notice it.

Embarassed Embarassed

patrickh