Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tombstones on tombstones
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Tombstones on tombstones Reply with quote

Sony NEX-5N & Sony 18-200mm OSS
1/320 sec @ f8
ISO 500
Handheld

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, the DOF isn't too shallow, which allows the tombstones in the other rows to form layers and give the photo more depth. I also like the tight framing, which means no distractions. The one gripe I have with it is what appear to be sharpening artifacts as a result of over-sharpening, most prominent in the out of focus areas and the edges of the in-focus headstone.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think you're correct. I was trying out a new sharpening technique I read about recently designed to bring out fine detail, but I think I've overdone it somewhat!
Going back to my normal workflow, what do you think of this version?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better to my eyes. Colours are more natural looking. Intriguing how the OOF regions have become sharper. What did you actually do to the first version?

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the second version is more natural, and makes the bokeh calmer too

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Yeah, I think you're correct. I was trying out a new sharpening technique I read about recently designed to bring out fine detail, but I think I've overdone it somewhat!
Going back to my normal workflow, what do you think of this version?

I think its far nicer Smile
Maybe it could benefit from a tiny bit more selective sharpening only on the main headstone though. Perhaps some edge sharpening.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second shot for me also ! Layers, forms and textures. Almost a B&W shot . very nice Wink