Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TokinaRcm zoom 70-210 f4 - Test .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: TokinaRcm zoom 70-210 f4 - Test . Reply with quote

I've restored this old zoom.
Buyed in a flea market, i removed dust and cleaned lenses.
it's very heavy, not comfortable to be used like a travel lens but the quality of pics for me it's good.
Info about this zoom ? opinions?

[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had several Tokina zooms, 4/70-210 4,5/80-200 4-5.6/70-210 and i am sure there are more versions. I think i even have some somewhere. These all had one or more hazy elements, so i never used one. Took one to pieces and tried to clean it, but no success, the haze could not be cleaned.

There's only one Tokina zoom i tried and really loved (still have that one) : the 2.8/80-200 AT-X. It has a bit of haze as well, but it's easily corrected in post.

Your pictures look good !! The Tokina's do have it in them after all!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post a pic or two of your lens? This f4 version is I think a bit of an oddity and a rarity. i have both the "heavy metal" (as I call it) 2 ring 70-210mm f3.5 and the one touch tokina rmc (precursor to the viv series 1) 70-210mm f3.5. They're both pretty decent.