Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina RMC 17mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:52 am    Post subject: Tokina RMC 17mm f3.5 Reply with quote

First shots with this lens. It was a dark and stormy day and I had to crop some for the CP filter I threw on. It might have to come off. Also had to PP to get some detail out. I'll keep trying.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

Not the easiest lighting conditions for some first shots with a lens Wink

I think I would shy away from polarisers on a 17mm ultra wide-angle; too much variation in polarising angles across that wide an expanse of sky and/or water reflections (unless that is a special effect you are looking for).

Glass screw-in polariser filters are never really slimline, and likely to vignette on UWA. If you want to avoid vignetting on a 17mm wideangle I would just use a thin polyester polariser filter taped to a partially-screwed in cheap Cokin adapter ring or something like that, and remember not to accidentally fully unscrew it when adjusting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it and it's always in my bag.
I don't use it with filters of any kind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ditched the CPL and had better results today. Better weather helped. I'll keep trying....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more from today, getting closer! I think infinity focus is a bit before where it's shown. Once I realized that things got a bit better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #4

How high is altitude here?