Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TLR 6x6 French Camera Royer Sito Royflex I - Kodak TMax 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: TLR 6x6 French Camera Royer Sito Royflex I - Kodak TMax 400 Reply with quote

Here are the first pictures I took with the Royer Sito Royflex I and they are from the firts rolls I developed (Kodak XTol 1+1).
I got the Royflex some months ago. I cleaned it, changed light seals and had to open it to clean lenses and set focus at infinity.
Well, seing at the results, it seems I didn't do mistakes.

Again, thank you Attila for your developing bag. Wink

The Royflex. French TLR from the 50s (picture from the internet, not my camera, I'll post one later).
It has a Som Berthiot 4.5/75mm taking lens, B and 1/10s to 1/350s shutter, and a timer.

My first pictures taken with her, scanned with Epson 4490 :

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results; the effort to get the camera to work properly again pay back very well.
Development done quite good too.
Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
I was impressed by the details in the high and low lights.

For Development, I used Kodak XTol developer in 1:1 dilution for 9'15" with agitation 10" each 30", T 20C.
Then Stop with water and continuous agitation during 1'00", T 20C.
Then Fix with Kodak fixer for 5'00" with agitation 10" each 30", T 20C.
Then Wash 5 times using water, 30" with continuous agitation.
Finish by washing a 6th time using water + a drop of dishwasher.
Then let them dry all night long suspended in my shower.

It was the very first time I developed ngatives and it is fun.
I realize that I scratched the first negs. Maybe when I loaded the reels in the black bag, or when I unloaded the reels.

How do you cut and store the negs ?
My Epson scanner 4490 let me scan 2 negs in one pass, so at present, I used cissors to cut the film each 2 negs, but not easy to aim well and straight. But to store them, I don't really know.