Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TLR 6x6 French Camera Royer Sito Royflex I - Kodak TMax 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: TLR 6x6 French Camera Royer Sito Royflex I - Kodak TMax 400 Reply with quote

Here are the first pictures I took with the Royer Sito Royflex I and they are from the firts rolls I developed (Kodak XTol 1+1).
I got the Royflex some months ago. I cleaned it, changed light seals and had to open it to clean lenses and set focus at infinity.
Well, seing at the results, it seems I didn't do mistakes.

Again, thank you Attila for your developing bag. Wink

The Royflex. French TLR from the 50s (picture from the internet, not my camera, I'll post one later).
It has a Som Berthiot 4.5/75mm taking lens, B and 1/10s to 1/350s shutter, and a timer.

My first pictures taken with her, scanned with Epson 4490 :

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results; the effort to get the camera to work properly again pay back very well.
Development done quite good too.
Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
I was impressed by the details in the high and low lights.

For Development, I used Kodak XTol developer in 1:1 dilution for 9'15" with agitation 10" each 30", T° 20°C.
Then Stop with water and continuous agitation during 1'00", T° 20°C.
Then Fix with Kodak fixer for 5'00" with agitation 10" each 30", T° 20°C.
Then Wash 5 times using water, 30" with continuous agitation.
Finish by washing a 6th time using water + a drop of dishwasher.
Then let them dry all night long suspended in my shower.

It was the very first time I developed négatives and it is fun.
I realize that I scratched the first negs. Maybe when I loaded the reels in the black bag, or when I unloaded the reels.

How do you cut and store the negs ?
My Epson scanner 4490 let me scan 2 negs in one pass, so at present, I used cissors to cut the film each 2 negs, but not easy to aim well and straight. But to store them, I don't really know.