Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tinox Lenses? history?? Mount?? .....nothing?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Tinox Lenses? history?? Mount?? .....nothing? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I found a lens named Tinox, something really strange to me, I know there are many many different names, but this have something more.

I can't really find any info about this lens or the name or Company.
It's a 200mm f3.5 like many, but I can't find one similar campany made.

A C/Y bayonet, really well made, good detailed parts, Hood with inside velvet, moves smooth!
strange it's a bayonet that can be changed (like Tamron, Sigma YS...) what type is this??? I don't know the Sigma YS, can be?

Here some photos

--------------
On the opposite side of the bayonet diaphragm setting ring, there is a limiter F stop, can be useful for??

-----------------------------
I don't even understand what need for that little lever next to the right black screw (over number f16) ....moves free without spring...

Will like to know the bayonet type, for changing to other mounts. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura and I think also Sun had proprietary interchangable bayonet mounts in the 1970's. Could be one of them. Or maybe there was another maker with such a system.

The lever I think would indicate the current aperture of the lens to the body for open-aperture metering.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tinox Lenses? history?? Mount?? .....nothing? Reply with quote

Zupremous wrote:
H
On the opposite side of the bayonet diaphragm setting ring, there is a limiter F stop, can be useful for??

To indicate to the mount , the max aperture

luisalegria wrote:
Komura and I think also Sun had proprietary interchangable bayonet mounts in the 1970's. Could be one of them. Or maybe there was another maker with such a system.

The lever I think would indicate the current aperture of the lens to the body for open-aperture metering.

Not only
Soligor/Vivitar/Tokina T4.. but this mount is not
Vivitar/Tokina Tx.. but this mount is not
Sigma YS/YX + Sun YS .. but this mount is not
Soligor U/S (Could be this one but i have heard that the mount had 2x max aperture only : 2.8 & 5.6)
Toshiba/Topman . but this mount is not (the toshiba mount is specific to the aperture)

Last edited by PBFACTS on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall a system advertised as Chinon Dial Fit, though I never saw one. that's one possibility. Komura and Sun, esp. Sun seem to be the more likely suspects. When Soligor dropped Tokina and T4, there was a successor system, but again, I've only heard of it and not seen it.

Interesting find. Now I'll have to have one!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
I recall a system advertised as Chinon Dial Fit, though I never saw one. that's one possibility. Komura and Sun, esp. Sun seem to be the more likely suspects. When Soligor dropped Tokina and T4, there was a successor system, but again, I've only heard of it and not seen it.

The soligor successor of t4 was the u/s system

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
casualcollector wrote:

The soligor successor of t4 was the u/s system

Standing for useless no dought Smile
I'm supprised no one has mentioned the obvious similarily between the mount of this lens and the Tamron Adaptall mount... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we also have the Tamron Adaptall of course.

But just to lay it out there, this certainly isn't an Adaptall, it is very different in every detail. Most fundamentally the bayonet lugs are on the lens side on this system.

So far the leading contenders are -

- Sun
- Tokina u/s
- Komura, later mount system with open aperture metering support, not the Uni-Auto

Other details on this lead me to prefer Sun, but I have to say I have never seen one of the later Sun interchangable mounts.

Anybody got pictures of these weird mounts ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tinox Lenses? history?? Mount?? .....nothing? Reply with quote

°°°°° Smile Thanks all Smile °°°°°

luisalegria wrote:

I don't know, but that it's a third lever, the one you talking about I think it's on the right side, on the top it's the aperture preview lever, and the lower one it's ...?

PBFACTS wrote:
To indicate to the mount , the max aperture

I found that the aperture setting button/lever (f2.8 - f3.5 - f4.5 - f5.6), it's really a limiter , for example if I select f4.5, I can't set any aperture lower than 4.5 (only from 4.5 to f22) ....and so on.
I think can be useful for some situations, work ...strange Shocked

PBFACTS wrote:

Not only
Soligor U/S (Could be this one but i have heard that the mount had 2x max aperture only : 2.8 & 5.6)
Toshiba/Topman . but this mount is not (the toshiba mount is specific to the aperture)

WOW, all this mounts? Smile

Thanks Visualopsins for the soligor mount photos
not the same as TINOX

Yes Luisalegria Will like to see the other types....

If I find a way to do..... I'll try lay the Tinox precisely on my camera and make some shoots, and will post here soon. [/i]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More photos of the mount for easy recognize

It has 4 teeth instead of 3 like I always seen on others...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Well, we also have the Tamron Adaptall of course.

Sorry to have forgot it (it was too obvious)
So in the 70/80's : Adapta-matic + Adaptall + Adaptall 2.. But this mount is not

luisalegria wrote:

- Tokina u/s

Are you sure u/s is tokina's ?
(i only saw the name with soligor and mainly (only ?) with sun lookalike lenses

Zupremous wrote:

The lens itself looks close from toshiba/topman lenses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PB,

Toshiba/Topman was a brand found rarely, if at all in the United States on lenses. Toshiba did appear here on filters. I'm guessing the brand was more widely seen in Europe and Asia. Any knowledge of who manufactured Toshiba/Clubman?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Hi PB,

Toshiba/Topman was a brand found rarely, if at all in the United States on lenses. Toshiba did appear here on filters. I'm guessing the brand was more widely seen in Europe and Asia. Any knowledge of who manufactured Toshiba/Clubman?

Not Clubman (manufacturer of tripods) : TOPMAN

Topman was the manufacturer: they bought the Miranda factory

They first sold tripods and later lenses they manufactured "in house"

I do not know if it was a financial connection beetween toshiba and topman

Toshiba sold topman lenses without modifications apart the name

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Tinox Lenses? history?? Mount?? .....nothing? Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:

Good to see all mounts togheter ...I just put some URLs of photos of the mounts
can't find all mounts, if anyone has photos, please help Smile

Soligor/Vivitar/Tokina T4
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/lensmounts/mount-t4.jpg
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/images/121232.jpg

http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/images/88850.jpg

http://ic2.pbase.com/o5/94/6094/1/69404449.gJEk6pv2.YSSRTmount2573.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o5/94/6094/1/69404367.IhjNuSt0.YSMountApertureLinkageSR2565.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o5/94/6094/1/69404468.xyp6vUEB.YSTMountMinolta2575.jpg

Tamron Adaptall
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/lensmounts/mount-adaptall.jpg

Komura Mount
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/images/56935.jpg
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/images/56939.jpg

Soligor U/S Question

Toshiba/Topman Question

Tinox mount Question