Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thinning Down My Collection -- It's Difficult!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I have a Pentax Pz1p,Pz1,Black MX,PentaxH1a c/w pentax meter(working with spare batteries}original front metal cap,that I would love to find a new home for Sad

No problem kryss, send them to me. I promise I'll take good care of them! Wink Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be sure an' all Ed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
kryss wrote:
I agree Michael,the a9 or whatever will be around $3000 and like you I only buy with cash but I have a lot of cameras and lenses I can divest if I decide to get a9 instead of latest version of a7ii.I have found though that the remnants of my FD lenses work really well on the a6000.

Kryss, if I were to divest myself of enough photo gear to buy a $3000 camera, I wouldn't have much gear left. Then, as Big Dawg, mentioned, I'd be spending my time and resources, reacquiring stuff I sold. I've already been down that road more than once, and I'm not going to do it again. That's why I've been so reticent about selling off even gear that's more-or-less redundant.

I think it was said earlier, but I find that I tend to keep my monies for cameras (specifically, new digital stuff) and my monies for lenses in separate pots, so to speak. As most of us know, lenses generally tend to hold their value (and sometimes increase!), however, more often than not, digital cameras only continue to lose value. Because of this, I feel like I am throwing money away if I sell lenses in order to buy a new shiny digital thing, which will all too soon be worth considerably less.

One great example (as if I even need one) is the GF1. I recall wanting that camera SO bad when it was announced. I recall the kit with the 20/1.7 costing in the neighborhood of $900. I sold it when the prices were somewhere around $700. I miss the camera, even though the performance is, at this point, and especially in light of using my D750, dated. Prices now are less than $100 for the body, and it looks like the lenses have all been separated as they are still of use on newer bodies. But I saw some Buy It Now's for $68 for the body. lol. Oh, time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
.... new shiny digital thing, which will all too soon be worth considerably less.

You're sooo right, with one excetion:
The digital I'm actually looking for!
Always this model will NOT decrease in value. It might take years or decades, price stays constantly high until the moment I got myself one. From that second on price falls down to minimum one can imagine!
Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in fact I think this very thing is happening with the NEX 7 I bought a few months ago, thinking I was getting such a good deal on it. Geez, for another $100 I could have gotten the A6000 with the 16-50 lens. Same sensor size and density but improved ISO and a standard flash shoe. Argh!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I have a Pentax Pz1p,Pz1,Black MX,PentaxH1a c/w pentax meter(working with spare batteries}original front metal cap,that I would love to find a new home for Sad

Not biting on that one. Still have an H1A. HAHA!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It might take years or decades, price stays constantly high until the moment I got myself one. From that second on price falls down to minimum one can imagine!

Laughing I know the feeling!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
I think it was said earlier, but I find that I tend to keep my monies for cameras (specifically, new digital stuff) and my monies for lenses in separate pots, so to speak. As most of us know, lenses generally tend to hold their value (and sometimes increase!), however, more often than not, digital cameras only continue to lose value. Because of this, I feel like I am throwing money away if I sell lenses in order to buy a new shiny digital thing, which will all too soon be worth considerably less.

I used to feel that way until I bought 5D3. I don't think this is a camera I'll ever need to upgrade. I may complement with a crop Canon at some point, but I just don't envision myself needing more than it provides.