Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Sony A7 review on Dpreview
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
blende8 wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
DPReview's review may have been critical, but they still missed this issue Shocked

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3613281

Looks more and more like this camera was rushed to market Confused

In the review they write:
Quote:
There are two cases in which Sony recommends turning this feature [Electronic first curtain] off. The first is when using high shutter speeds when using a large diameter lens, with which ghosting might occur. The other time you'll want to disable it is when using third-party lenses, as you may otherwise get uneven or inaccurate exposure.

+1
Not an "Sony issue" which was caused by rushing it on the market. More an physics issue, many cameras have issues with that, but normally you won't notice that, especially not when using native lenses. You might also get that on 5DMKIII etc. under right circumstances. Luckily these "problems" do only occur under a very few circumstances it's generally quite easy to avoid to turning on/off EFSC in most cases.

Btw... today I've changed my mind after I've seen the first JPEG artificats samples, now I see them simply EVERYWHERE under wrong light condition, even at quite low ISOs Sad Damn, you ruined my eyes Wink ..... Luckily I have an very fast 32GB PNY Elite SD card can shoot RAW as much as I want to, on RAWs I haven't seen anything like that yet Smile

The issue mentioned in the DPReview review is completely different. The sensor reflections are seen when the lens is stopped down and at a slow shutter speed, not a fast lens at a fast shutter speed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosinon 55mm f1.4 at f5.6 with my A7.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using my SONY A7 with my 17 (!) various lenses with C/Y mounts now very sucessfully for a while, and I give a s...., what is written by dpreview and other so called "independent" test persons etc. I am very pleased with this nice little camera!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are many like you . Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@OPAL

So do I - and i've got the same planar as you, too! Mostly shooting C/Y MF Lenses, and they match lovely with the A7 Body, even from
the style. Wink