Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!... Reply with quote

... was supposed to be title describing this thread, but... in the meantime i got glass from other nations so i'll just show what i got lately.

Since i got into collecting lenses in the last 2 months , it's time to get into my collection quality lenses even though they are not so rare.

here goes:

first of it's the heaviest of the lot, but my favorite so far - Jupiter-21M

then it's Industar 61 L/Z

Mir-1W

also got a russian 2X converter

with Praktica LB got this CZJ Tessar

and at the fleamarket last sunday i added
Fujinon 55mm/1.8

and Super Carenar 35mm/2.8

today i got m42 bellows, that i'm itching to properly test

and finally Flektogon 50mm/4 in P6 mount. That's the only lens that got me hypnotized with it's aesthetics , can't wait to get adapter to use it on my Oly

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant title!!!

I've been meaning to use it in honour of both the film of the same name, but more importantly, the wonderful armoured glass that comes out of the FSU/Russia Wink

Sweet collection too!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a saying after WWII Russians are already in chamber ... to clean from foods Wink

Nice lenses you will love them I am pretty sure, congrats!

Quote:
finally Flektogon 50mm/4 in P6 mount. That's the only lens that got me hypnotized with it's aesthetics , can't wait to get adapter to use it on my Olympus

It will be a disappointment, no benefits at all 2x crop factor will be kill the fun. This is a superb wide angle lens on medium format but not good as than a 100mm or 45mm lens on 2x crop body. Weak bokeh etc, simple not designed to use as a short-telephoto lens.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Quote:
finally Flektogon 50mm/4 in P6 mount. That's the only lens that got me hypnotized with it's aesthetics , can't wait to get adapter to use it on my Olympus

It will be a disappointment, no benefits at all 2x crop factor will be kill the fun. This is a superb wide angle lens on medium format but not good as than a 100mm or 45mm lens on 2x crop body. Weak bokeh etc, simple not designed to use as a short-telephoto lens.

fantasy crusher!!! Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:

fantasy crusher!!! Smile

That's what I told my father-in-law

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
I had same expectation before did try on Nikon D50, it was disappointment Sad
now I have Oly I didn't mount on it... instead I will by a Pentacon Six or 645 camera and I will use with Velvia 50 slide and I am sure I will enjoy a lot.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing
I had same expectation before did try on Nikon D50, it was disappointment Sad
now I have Oly I didn't mount on it...

well, that sounds like a challenge to prove that it will work well on Oly Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oly is not good at all with any lenses at infinity distance, it's sensor simple too small to get enough details.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Oly is not good at all with any lenses at infinity distance, it's sensor simple too small to get enough details.

don't rub oly user the wrong way Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If need wide angle shoots, full frame DSLR, film is the solution right after, Canon, Nikon and Olympus last in this line even if I love Oly much.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

fantasy crusher!!! Smile

That's what I told my father-in-law

Laughing Laughing Laughing

We are speaking about the same person!! Don´t be your father in low (althought seems a man) is my mother in low, sure. Laughing

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!... Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:

Mir-1W

Mir 1 Shh.. would be the latin conversion? Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome fellow Oly user ! Very Happy

Industar 61 is my fav ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Quote:

Hmmm... another of the rare times when I completely disagree with Attila (apart politics of course Laughing ).

Flek 50 used with tilt adapter on Nikon 80:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture is wonderful but the food looks like tasty for Klingons.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

works strangely this link on my browser wonder if really Klingon link.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Klingon_cuisine.jpg

this might work better:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Foods_and_beverages#Klingon

Last edited by kansalliskala on Wed May 27, 2009 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah octopus is tasty... a lot more than smoked reindeer Razz

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!... Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

Mir-1W

that cyrillic sign is for Široki - that means Wide in english so i used W to internationalise the name

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Attila wrote:

Quote:

Hmmm... another of the rare times when I completely disagree with Attila (apart politics of course Laughing ).

Flek 50 used with tilt adapter on Nikon 80:

thank you for keeping my dream alive Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

even though i don't like seafood i like this photo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!... Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

Mir-1W

that cyrillic sign is for Široki - that means Wide in english so i used W to internationalise the name

Actually I think it means shkolnik .. Cool

http://animal.zenit.istra.ru/archive/lenses/mir-1.html

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!... Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

Actually I think it means shkolnik .. Cool

http://animal.zenit.istra.ru/archive/lenses/mir-1.html

that means scholastic, don't know why they indexed it that way Question

anyway i like my explanation better Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that it also may stand for школа (school) since it was designed for photographic student circles. Школьник also works. It means schoolboy, not scholastic. At least in the dialect of Russian I speak...

As an addendum to that - most people have little or no experience with the 1Ш/Sh. It is much less common to find then the 1 or 1B/V. Some say that because it was made for students it is of lesser quality, some say just the opposite. In most cases it probably is about the same as the aforementioned. It would be interesting to see original price catalogs to see where the Soviets thought it should be...

Oh and oddly enough the Soviets actually did produce a camera called the Школьник : Click here to see on Ebay ...not to diverge to far from the original thread.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

Klingons eat squid and black olives? I didn't know that.
Looks tasty to me (like most of Alessandro's recipes).

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

Yes they do:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Klingon_octopus

Alessandro just put the olives to confuse people.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

Yes they do:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Klingon_octopus

Alessandro just put the olives to confuse people.

Shut up, killer of Santa Claus pets:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43104827@N00/3251124376/

Laughing