Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The "RGB Standard" red Tulip
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere , I was reading a study on color blindness and it stated that one out of every three
people are partially color blind. It went on to say that therefore the red that one sees may not be
the same red that the other person sees. If that is the case , then even a calibrated monitor will
not be of any help. I guess that we can only appreciate our own perception of "red" and still
admire that beauty of it ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Here is RGB 255,0,0 -- no Green, no Blue -- sat 240, lum 120 -- should be the brightest "reddest" red your monitor can produce. Unfortunate that will be red light at the wavelength emitted by screen pixel led, which to my eyes also is more orange than red. Calibrated monitors show calibrated colors only when viewed in calibrated lighting. Wink

That is really red Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks as expected visualopsins, I borrowed your image and superimposed my tulip.... (ignore the artifacts please)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Looks as expected visualopsins, I borrowed your image and superimposed my tulip.... (ignore the artifacts please)

Yes, exactly perfect! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Yes, exactly perfect! Very Happy

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

compare computer screen color to flower itself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an amazing match!!!

I must be one of those people who don't see true red properly as it appears slightly orange to me. To my eyes, this is true red.

I love Spring tulips, no matter the color.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:

I must be one of those people who don't see true red properly as it appears slightly orange to me. To my eyes, this is true red.

I love Spring tulips, no matter the color.

That's a blueish red, the lipstick color my wife prefers 'cause it matches her skin tone (she says) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure your wife shows off her lipstick color to its best advantage! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]
JJB wrote:

I too prefer a red with a touch of blue, especially on cars, this red is about as close to orange as you can get without it being orange.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lightshow"]
kds315* wrote:
JJB wrote:

I too prefer a red with a touch of blue, especially on cars, this red is about as close to orange as you can get without it being orange.

If this is "as close as it gets to orange", I would recommend to see an eye doctor asap Wink
Image standing if front of the judge and hearing you say, "the traffic light wasn't red, it was more orange, so I drove through..." Twisted Evil

THIS is the standard "Traffic Light Red" here in Germany (RAL 3020):

and my Tulip:

Not that much difference....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one I've always liked for its natural red colour. Taken with the SMC Pentax-A 35-105 macro, known for its natural red rendering.

RemcoR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fascinating in many ways -- lots of science here!

The flower petals are absorbing all of the blue and yellow light(!!!). Wink By extrapolation all the UV is absorbed as well(!). The petals reflect only red, and by extrapolation, IR. A high-contrast background for any non-red plant part, yes? Wink

Again, what we see here is the color of the screen pixel leds -- not the color of the flower petals! The screen is unable to produce that wavelength of light.

As for some people seeing the screen red as orange and some people not, is this a similar phenomenon as with observations of skylight? When I walk around outdoors I see the bluish cast of skylight everywhere. That is something I learned, or rather remembered, when it was pointed out to me, and I could see it in images from the camera. Before that, my brain had learned to color-balance (by the TV perhaps?) to not notice the blue tint to the light. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing blue as a child. My theory is if you see skylight as blue, in the shadows for example, then you also see the screen red as slightly orange -- and vice-versa, yes? IOW, people who see orange are not involving any brain color-balancing act.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]
Lightshow wrote:
kds315* wrote:
JJB wrote:

If this is "as close as it gets to orange", I would recommend to see an eye doctor asap Wink
Image standing if front of the judge and hearing you say, "the traffic light wasn't red, it was more orange, so I drove through..." Twisted Evil
Not that much difference....

I never said it was orange, I in fact said
Quote:
without it being orange

I should have worded it differently, I meant: Without it being a Red-Orange hybrid, ie. closer to orange than Yellow, blue, green or even purple(which technically is as close to red as orange is), but still pure red.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a joke Wink

My US wife always tells me that she doesn't get my jokes Laughing