Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The new Samyang 12mm/2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: The new Samyang 12mm/2.0 Reply with quote

Not sure where to post this, my images are 1200px wide so I'm posting here. Hope it's ok.

Anyway, I just got the new Samyang 12mm/2.0 lens for E-mount. It's a manual focus UWA lens designed specifically for mirrorless cameras (Sony, Fuji). I don't do testing and reviews and that type of thing so I won't say anything about image quality other than for what it is (small, compact, lightweight and relatively inexpensive), it is adequate if not spectacular.

Here are some of my first shots with the lens (NEX-6, mostly beteween f/8 and f/11 from a tripod, shot in raw, normal conversion, minor cropping in some photos, no special postprocessing). I have no previous experience with very wide lenses so I still have a lot to learn. The wider the lens, the more difficult it is to control.

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!