Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The new Russar+
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Don't call people fools, not everyone has the same requirements or tastes.

Maybe you're rich and can afford a FF cam, but most of us can't.

Well, fools exist ... but I spoke generally and did not think of any particular person.

Yes, I admit that a new FF camera is expensive but prices are falling all the time. Soon we will have new FF cameras for less than $1,000. Sony A7 is already close.

Today you can buy for less than $500 a Canon 5D, for example. I bet that most members of this forum have spent more than that with lenses, accessories, films, developing, etc. You don't need to be rich to have a FF camera.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
Have no idea why someone should prefer this lens to say, Peleng fisheye lens?

The Russar + is a rectilinear ultra wide angle lens for full frame with very little distortion. The Peleng, on the other hand, is a circular fisheye which produces a tremendous distortion, both in FF as in crop frame.

Who wants an ultra wide angle lens for Sony NEX or other crop sensor camera should take a look at the Samyang 12mm F2.0. This lens has a modern design, its performance is excellent and the price is quite affordable.

Speaking of Samyang, if this company launched an ultra wide lens for FF such as an 18mm F2.0 for about $ 250, it would be a bestseller.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Maybe they are gonna restart production of Feds or Zorkis?

I bet they are very pricey if they do however.

They are selling "Lubitel 166+" for 349$ so no surprise about the price if they will restart production of russian cameras.

They sold some refurbished zorki or such russian camera with quite funny price too, you can check here (they are out of stock now) :
http://shop.lomography.com/en/cameras/russian-cameras
They are telling a load of crap about them too, like about the FED :

Quote:
Prepare yourself for a real veteran of Russian deadstock history. Manufactured between 1934 and 1955, this is the real deal. The Fed 1 is more compact and lighter than its comrades, leading to speculation that it was used for espionage activity! This is a refurbished camera, which means you get everything fully functioning right out of the parcel!

About the Russar, I don't see the point in buying it. It renders bad on digital camera, and is very pricy (even the real old ones). I thought only rich collectionner wanted to buy such lens, and I don't think such person will be interested in a new one.