Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The last lens I will ever buy....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£106.00 Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous " last" words. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
£106.00 Shocked Laughing

I could live with that Smile I had to pay £65 for a Canon 55/1.2 and that was in FD mount Sad Where's my screwdriver Twisted Evil

I bought that before my last lens though......

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
£106.00 Shocked Laughing

I could live with that Smile I had to pay £65 for a Canon 55/1.2 and that was in FD mount Sad Where's my screwdriver Twisted Evil

I bought that before my last lens though......

Trifox (Stan) has someone in Slovakia who can convert FD lenses to EOS Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Trifox (Stan) has someone in Slovakia who can convert FD lenses to EOS Wink

Noted. Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The last lens I will ever buy.... Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
I hope. This is getting ridiculous Smile

Russian MTO 1000A f10.5 1100mm mirror. Quite bad fungus on front lens, but I'm hoping that this will clean off if I can get into it. Anyone know how to get in?

Found the way in Smile There is a single large screw on the main barrel, visible in this image, which is the focus stop. Take out this screw (VERY SOFT BRASS!!!) and the whole front of the lens comes off after abut 100 turns. This gives access to the back of the front lens and the front of the mirror. Fungus EVERYWHERE !!!!! If I get it clean, I'll post another shot of the number plate as a comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got it clean(er)! Don't know whether it's because the sun is showing in between the showers, or whether it's the cleaning that made the difference, but it's almost acceptable now Smile

Straight OOC, resized to 640 wide

100% crop