Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

the Knights ;)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: the Knights ;) Reply with quote

I shot this at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - Foma 400 at ASA800, Ilfosol 3... the Ilfosol I think was on its last legs, as I got very inconsistent results from the two rolls. In fact the developer was pretty tired. Might say exhausted. Dregs of the bottle.

But I still like the results - I have a bunch on flickr - for the grain and soft tones, a very old fashioned look. In this photo I like the horse legs and the little girl of course.

Pentax ES-II, SMC Takumar 50/1.4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done a pretty good job of that. I must get some more Fomapan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Foma 100 is fantastic, I read the 200 is great too... the 400 is a bit old fashioned, what Tri-X maybe was back in the day.

I like the tone on this one also. I rated the 400 @800 which seems to be frowned on. They say it doesn't push well. But I use developers that give good speed - D76, Ilfosol, and after my current D76 is gone, I've got some Fomadon Excel (Xtol equivalent) on tap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foma rarely disseapoints, nice b&w rendition and scene. sad that you couldn't get closer to have details, though it worx for me as is Cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: the Knights ;) Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I shot this at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - Foma 400 at ASA800, Ilfosol 3... the Ilfosol I think was on its last legs, as I got very inconsistent results from the two rolls. In fact the developer was pretty tired. Might say exhausted. Dregs of the bottle.

But I still like the results - I have a bunch on flickr - for the grain and soft tones, a very old fashioned look. In this photo I like the horse legs and the little girl of course.

Pentax ES-II, SMC Takumar 50/1.4

I like this one. You caught the girl just right.

Fine grain and good tones.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice tight grain and excellent tones, like both of these shots. I guess
if you tried to make the windows vertical in the 2nd, the arch thing would
tip over and break them. Laughing

Excellent devs, Jussi!