Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Isolette 3 goes West
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:24 am    Post subject: The Isolette 3 goes West Reply with quote

Photos with my refurbished Isolette III - Solinar 85mm/4.5 during a road trip trip to Devils tower, covering NE, SD, WY, CO

Agfa APX100, by mistake I made Rodinal 1+10 and noticed it right after i poured the developer... I calculated in my head that somewhere around 3:30 should be enough so I ended up with 4:00 (20 C)

Scotts Bluff NE

The Badlands SD

PS adding more photos from ScottsBluff, thanks @visualopsins

Last edited by titrisol70 on Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: The Isolette 3 goes West Reply with quote

titrisol70 wrote:

Agfa APX100, by mistake I made Rodinal 1+10 and noticed it right after i poured the developer... I calculated in my head that somewhere around 3:30 should be enough so I ended up with 4:00 (20 C)

amazing results!
must try Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Be sure to look at Flickr -- first two photos (before these) are amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

amazing results!
must try Smile

I did presoak to get rid of the dark green anti halation layer for a few minutes, pour developer, agitated for the 1st 30s and then realised I had screwed up!
Freaked out, did the calculations in my head, agitated once at about 2 min and dumped the dev around 4 min

Negatives are thick, tons of details in the shadows but highlights are dark. From this mistake, somewhere between 3 and 3:30 should be the sweet spot.

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Be sure to look at Flickr -- first two photos (before these) are amazing!

Thanks! Added to the post
I'll keep adding more as I scan them, Still have 2 rolls of HP5 to develop (Microphen)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one from Scotts Bluff NE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grumble grumble grumble
I shot some HP5 as well but it fell off the ziplock bag to the bottom of the backpack and seems to have been damaged by the XRay machines!
Devils Tower WY

Fog base is high and that band is present in half the frames

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

I had good results with agfa way back in the 80's, and rodinal 1:50.
I'm pretty sure it was speed rated in the plus-x range, about 100-125, IIRC.
You got some tonal range there, anyways, despite the developer timing.

-D.S.