Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Great Photo Quiz!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: The Great Photo Quiz! Reply with quote

What can you tell about capturing of this image? (lens, ISO, anything else?)

Hints:
Camera used was Pentax K20D. The image was shot hand held at 1/90th of a second with image stabilizer active. This is a full resized image, not a crop. Converted in lightroom from RAW without any post processing magic. The equipment list in my signature may or may not be of any help.

Prize:
A nice smile Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play! i think it's using your flek 35mm with some extension tubes, iso must be high, maybe 1600? maybe more hints would help Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High ISO, and either you are using a pinhole or a very very small aperture. (This I can tell by the sensor dust being so in focus)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poncho_morales wrote:
I'll play! i think it's using your flek 35mm with some extension tubes, iso must be high, maybe 1600? maybe more hints would help Smile

ISO is high, lens is not a Flektogon Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
High ISO, and either you are using a pinhole or a very very small aperture. (This I can tell by the sensor dust being so in focus)

Yes, sensor dust was the key for that. Not a pinhole, but the aperture is rather small for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The distance from the bulb to the bulb-holder looks compressed to me, suggesting a long lens. Maybe a 135 or even a 200 or 300. The picture is very soft suggesting camera shake even at 1/90th second. I'd go for the Sonnar 300 with a tube.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
The distance from the bulb to the bulb-holder looks compressed to me, suggesting a long lens. Maybe a 135 or even a 200 or 300. The picture is very soft suggesting camera shake even at 1/90th second. I'd go for the Sonnar 300 with a tube.

Compressed yes, so a long focal lenght, yes. Good. But not a Sonnar 300 with a tube Smile

Nor a 135 or 200 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, could it be the Sonnar 2.8/180 I wonder?

Or even the 500mm Mirror-Monster? Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: The Amazing Answer! Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
So, could it be the Sonnar 2.8/180 I wonder?

Or even the 500mm Mirror-Monster? Shocked

Maybe I should give the answer, as it will otherwise take a while Smile

As I said, hand held, 1/90s, iso 12800 (!), 500mm mirror lens with all my teleconverters attached Smile That is 6000mm, 6 meters of focal length Smile

The softness was probably because the aperture was about f/90 or something like that Smile However, I am pretty sure that the Image stabilizer did prevent camera shake (the bright light bulb swinged wildly in the viewfinder, yet no obvious motion blur is in the image).

When I tried to take the shot, I had to recheck if I had the lens cap on as the viewfinder was pitch black Smile The only target I could shoot was that lamp...

Anyhow, it seems to be a nice way of testing if the sensor's dirty...