Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Forum is hacked
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject: The Forum is hacked Reply with quote

When I try to navigate to the forum, I get warnings of dangerous URLs from my AV. I notice that if I click on the MFlenses logo in the top left, it takes me to a page having nothing to do with the forum. This is a sure sign that malicious code has been inserted into the website and that it needs to be looked at and disinfected. The same thing happened to my personal website and finally I had to have it professionally looked at. Please consider.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working fine for me on multiple devices--perhaps your device is infected

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try clicking on the logo? Where do you end up?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kymarto wrote:
Did you try clicking on the logo? Where do you end up?

A hungarian website: http://en.hqdesign.hu/
It's been like this for a few weeks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no https://mflenses.com only http://mflenses.com -- your AV (what's that?) is barking about that.

Clicking on the "logo" which is really an ad for one of Atilla's businesses...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ads don't show if Board Style is changed to "mfblack" (click Profile link at the top of the page, scroll down to Board style)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MFLenses logo link takes you to Atilla's design website. It has been like that for ages; nothing hacked.

It is not a separate MFLenses logo as such anyway, but part of the entire banner which also contains the hqdesign.hu info on the right hand side.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AV = Anti-virus software.

FWIW, unsecured sites such as this one tend to end up being suspended by m/s.
I've actually given up trying to warn about these things- people wait until it's a bit too late to do anything about it.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
The MFLenses logo link takes you to Atilla's design website. It has been like that for ages; nothing hacked.

It is not a separate MFLenses logo as such anyway, but part of the entire banner which also contains the hqdesign.hu info on the right hand side.

OK, it seems strange that the logo links to a different and seemingly unrelated website. General practice if for the logo to lead back to the landing page of the site. I get warnings that the site contains dangerous urls. Probably nothing hacked, but certificates not kosher or something

Last edited by kymarto on Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kymarto wrote:
RokkorDoctor wrote:

OK, it seems strange that the logo links to a different and seemingly unrelated website. General practice if for the logo to kead to the landing page of the site. I get warnings that the site contains dangerous urls. Probably nothing hacked, but certificates not kosher or something

As a former software developer I know that environment can make a huge difference -- I could not hold enough of some programs in mind to develop unless I was in certain places. Interesting your environment changed causing you to notice the strange forum behavior -- while the forum hasn't changed your environment did change?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kymarto wrote:
OK, it seems strange that the logo links to a different and seemingly unrelated website.

It's not unrelated, Attila has personally financed most of this website. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the explanation. I see now that the logo is indeed part of his banner at the top. Here is the warning I get from my AV (Bitdefender). It indicates that the site does not encrypt the user password when entered. Further there is a warning about dangerous URLs. Might be worth finding out why this is. Not hacked, but a bit worrying

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So add the site to the exceptions list already. Smile

BTW, I've never used any AV. I've never gotten a virus either. Go figure. Some suspect AV software IS a virus...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had bitdefender installed (unknown to me) by another software and got lots of these warnings. I uninstalled it.

I use AVG. When AVG warns you about a malicious site you know its true.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get many warnings about websites with BD. It reports that p/w's are sent unencrypted, which, if true, is not a great thing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
So add the site to the exceptions list already. Smile

BTW, I've never used any AV. I've never gotten a virus either. Go figure. Some suspect AV software IS a virus...

I wouldn't recommend that for everyone, but yes, common sense goes a long way to keeping safe. And I agree I have always found AV software suspect itself. I used it for a couple years on my PC, but it was more trouble than it was worth. After switching to Apple MAC I haven't bothered with AV, just use common sense.

This forum isn't 100% safe. But really, just be careful. Only click on links provided by familiar users, and always inspect the URL before clicking on it. If in doubt, don't click on it. So far the spam emails have been hilariously obvious.

But that is by no means a guarantee for safety; personally, I consider any internet-connected computer potentially compromised and use it accordingly, AV or not.

The only strategy for safe internet use would be to ban and prevent all forms of scripting, but that would render the WWW too functional and boring for most.