Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The big Soligor thread!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Soligor 45-150/3.5 Macro C/D Reply with quote

Here's another Soligor seldom seen... Decent zoom..... Heavy
Soligor 45-150/3.5 Macro C/D MultiCoated
Got it brand new, from an old stock.... 25$

M42.......... NO.176XXXXX....... Tokina, 1976

A couple of snaps with it...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Soligor 17/4 Reply with quote

This Soligor 17/4 I just received...... Didn't take it out yet..

I have a Soligor 17/3.5 NO.17701621 Tokina-1977, first released in '76.
Didn't use it 'cause it's an MD mount, so i got the 17/4 M42 instead...
I'll be selling the 17/3.5 MD

But i can't figure out this 17/4 serial number NO.11720429
I think this version, was first released in 1973......
And wasen't called "Ultra Wide"

Kinda looks like a Tokina dosen't it ??

Could it be some kind of "pre-release test version" ??
That could explain the first digit.....
I figured it could be a test version, made by Tokina in 1972...
But i'm just speculating..... I really have no idea !

Anyone ??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a strange one. And the serial number starts with 11. Good find!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My memory doesn't recall the details right now but there was a 17mm lens in the Miranda line. There's certainly plenty of evidence of the Tokina 17. I have also seen a 17mm lens credited to Norita Kogaku. Perhaps that is the f-4 version, or maybe the f-4 is the Tokina lens labeled more conservatively.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Soligor Ultra Wide 17/4 Reply with quote

@ casualcollector

Thanks for the info....

(Now i'm really getting mixed up !)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Here's another Soligor seldom seen... Decent zoom..... Heavy
Soligor 45-150/3.5 Macro C/D MultiCoated
Got it brand new, from an old stock.... 25$

I have the same lens with MD mount in Asanuma brand, nr 1100843. But mine is really used and has a dented filterthread. It came with a Minolta XD7 body (free extra).
It is a decent peformer, but quite heavy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor Ultra Wide 17/4 Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
@ casualcollector

Thanks for the info....(Now i'm really getting mixed up !)

As am I. I was surprised to see the Norita name on a 35mm format lens in Canon FD mount. I've since seen an auction for the same lens in Nikon mount.

The Miranda was certainly either the Norita or Tokina. I'll try to find images or references to them.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took the 135/2 out the other day.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norita is a pretty darn rare name to see on any lens.
For some reason these, in Norita brand, and I'm talking 35mm not medium format, seem to go for a lot.

Is there some cult status thing I am not aware of ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Norita is a pretty darn rare name to see on any lens.
For some reason these, in Norita brand, and I'm talking 35mm not medium format, seem to go for a lot.

Is there some cult status thing I am not aware of ?

I followed an auction for a Norita branded 17mm in Canon mount thinking I'd score a cheap ultrawide and a curiosity piece... I think it went for about $350 U.S.

Somebody must know something I don't!

Bill

P.S. Found link. No comprende Japanese.
http://www.hayatacamera.co.jp/article/photo201004.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, bruised, abused and downright neglected, but this Tamron version of the Soligor 350/5.6 is still working Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good looking lens Martyn!

Here's more proof that some of these 400/6.3 lenses were made by Tokina:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can you tell me about this one?
Just got it today, it's quite lite for 300mm and comes in exakta mount

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some lenses the 'Soligor' legend is italic, on others it's regular. Is there any significance or clues in that detail ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan, that's an old Tamron lens, great find!!

As for italics, that usually matches a particular serial number range. So yes, there may be some significance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes i found it, It's indeed a Tamron.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/olm300f6_9.htm

The lens is a triplet (3 elements in 2 groups).
Looks very well corrected btw, i would say it is more usable than the Tair 300mm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi std !

That is indeed a rare lens !
I have been looking for the 300/6.9 for years !

I have nearly the rest of that very early Tamron series. Yours is one of those I am still missing.

Its a T-mount lens - interchangable mounting invented by Tamron and copied by everyone else. You can get another mount if you like, pretty much every camera mount is available.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This early (Tamron/)Soligor 300/6.9, the construction and design, remind me of Tamron 4x telephoto. Lens has Series 5 filter threads? Yes? Attach 4X to lens, make a 300-1200 zoom?!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks more like the Tamron 200/6.3

http://forum.mflenses.com/old-tamron-200-6-3-a-mini-wundertute-t8203,highlight,%2Btamron.html

same optical design also I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Looks more like the Tamron 200/6.3

http://forum.mflenses.com/old-tamron-200-6-3-a-mini-wundertute-t8203,highlight,%2Btamron.html

same optical design also I think.

I received the 200/6.3 Tamron made Soligor last weekend actually, it's a nice light lens but a bugger to fit in my camera bag attached to a camera! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a clean copy of Soligor 135mm f/2 and its feels great.The only thing is that its a Pre ai mount and it will not mount on my D300.Now i have to send it for conversion.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Soligor 350mm 5.6
Quality is OK, not great but OK. I paid 40€ for this lens. Here are some sample shots. Just converted RAWs to JPGs, no extra sharpening. All images taken wide open=5.6, ISO 500.

Crop:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky to find this forum, but I am afraid, I got unsolved questions instead of cookies for you. For some reason I tried to identify the manufacturer(s) of my two Soligor lenses and stumbled surfing the net over information or "on-dits", which seem to be a bit confusing to me. Perhaps you can solve the mysteries?

(1) I own a Soligor CD 75-205mm (f 3,8/4.8...) with Ser.-No.: 9840682.
I found images of other Soligor 75/205mm - identical looking to mine - in the web. They all have 7-digits Serial Numbers with a #9# as first digit. There are lots of other Soligor lenses, using the #9# as first digit - some of them with 7 digits, others with 8 digits. According to "The List" (*21-Versions...-Thread*) the #9# stands in the Soligor-Codes-System for the manufacturer KINO.
But there is one tiny problem - the Soligor 100mm (f 3,5) Macro. According to several sources (*pedias and others) the newer AF/MF-Version and the old MF-Version of the Soligor 100/3,5 are made by the manufacturer COSINA, who sold an identical lens under the brand/label Cosina. I found some Serial Numbers of Soligor 100/3,5 - each with a 7-digits Serial Number and each of them I have seen yet with the digit #9# as first digit.
- f.e. a MF-Version - Ser.-No. 9530***
- f.e. a AF/MF-Version - Ser.-No. 9650***
So the question for the Soligor #9# is - Kino or Cosina? Or both - depending on a first/second digits-combination in the cases of Serial Numbers with 8 digits (#9# and #9xy#)?? It's a mystery.

(2) I have a Soligor S/M Mirror Lens 500mm (f 8,8...) - T2-mount - filter size 67mm. Ser.-No. 886278.
According to "The List" the manufacturer of the #8# is still unsolved. The identical equivalence of my Soligor mirror lens is a mirror lens, sold by Sirius - the Sirius S/M 500mm (f 8,8...) - T2-mount. SIRIUS is a british(?) distributor/brand, which is according to the **pedia sources said to sold mainly lenses manufactured by COSINA. The Ser.-No. of the Sirius lens begins with #8# too, interestingly, but this could only be a hint for the same manufacturer as in the Soligor-System, if the #8# was a common condition defined by the manufacturer for different distributors, I guess. (??)

I found images of other Soligor 500/8,8 mirror lenses - quite similar looking to mine as far as I could see. Most of them have 6-digits Numbers, starting with #8# as first digit.
But one has the Ser.-No. 600*** ...
According to "The List" the digit #6# on first place stands for the manufacturer KOMINE.
So the questions are:
a) Is Komine beside the #6# and more although the manufacturer of the Soligor #8#?
b) Could COSINA have been the still missing manufacturer of the Soligor #8#? (And of my mirror lens...)

(3) As I found out on my odyssey in the space of Soligor lenses, Soligor sold at least three or even more quite different versions of 500mm mirror lenses in its history. The oldest(?) seems to be one, looking quite similar to the one on the image someone posted in this thread (page 3?). The one I saw somewhere else had the Ser.-No. 172*** - So the manufacturer of this item must have been Tokina.
The most common Soligor 500mm mirror lens seems to be a C/D 500mm (f 8...), T2-mount - filter size 77mm. All I have seen yet have 7-digits and 8-digits Serial Numbers, starting with #5# at first place. According to "The List" the manufacturer of the #5# is still unknown. I have no clue to solve this mystery, but perhaps someone here could solve all of mine Soligor enigmas?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arkeo and welcome here. Smile

I think you should post some pictures of your lenses : front, side and back.
It would be very helpful to identify the producer of your 2 lenses.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Another "R" serial Soligor Reply with quote

Took delivery of this e-bay acquisition earlier this week. A Soligor 300mm f: 5.5 lens with R leading the serial and no resemblance to more typical Soligors.

This one has a meter coupled Nikon F mount and matches the Nikon focus direction. Obviously from the "Beer Can" school of lens design! It's about 9 inches (23 cm) long. It has a rotating tripod mount but the lock screw is missing. Overall, it's in pretty tough shape. I got the front elements out and cleaned them. Getting to the fungused rear elements is going to be a bit tougher. The helical needs to be cleaned and relubed. The diaphragm works like a charm.

Here it is with my "R" serial 135/2.8 for a size comparison.

Here's a link to the 135 post with some thoughts on who manufactured it

http://forum.mflenses.com/unusual-soligor-135-2-8-t33201.html#1076825