Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing the Seagull-610 f1.8/50mm, MD lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Testing the Seagull-610 f1.8/50mm, MD lens. Reply with quote

I got this lens in a small antique shop almost 2 years ago, however I never got to use it on my digital camera. The lens itself is very similar to Minolta Rokkor f1.7/50 ( I believe it was copied from it ), but you can feel that the plastic-like construction which is not very nice.
The lens:

I found the lens to be an OK performer, as you would expect from a cheap, fast, 50mm lens. It flair`ed easily, contrast was average and so was the sharpness, but I did love the bokeh.

I made some test shots with it. 1st is wide open, then f5.6 and f8. ISO was 200 and no PP was added.

After making these quick shots, I turned my attention to my cat`s, that found the open window very interesting Smile. I enhanced contrast just a bid on these.

f2.8

f1.8

~f2-2.8

f1.8

You can surely make nice pictures with it, but it does lack some things that, for instance, the MD f1.7/50 does offer, so I`d go for it instead.

Hope you liked it Smile .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these look-at-the-bokehs photos. Smile

This is a kit lens comes with the Seagull DF-2 camera. It is no surprise the Rokkor will be far more superior than this lens. The coating of these old Chinese lens is pretty weak and they tend to flare easily.