Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing the macro on Tamron AD2 SP 19AH 70-210mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Testing the macro on Tamron AD2 SP 19AH 70-210mm Reply with quote

Took this "beauty" of a lens out last weekend to see how it fared on my Nikon D800E body

I think the results are very promising for the first outing of this combo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved this lens, but have never used it for macro work. It does seem to give good results if needed in a pinch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. The fine filaments are clearly delineated. What is its macro ratio?

Another Tamron SP zoom that has a remarkably good macro mode is the 60-300mm f/3.8-5.4. Gets all the way down to 1.15:1. It is exceedingly sharp in the center, but rather soft on the corners until stopped down a lot. But for a quick macro shot where the center of the field of view matters, it does deliver keepers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael

Info below taken from the adaptall website

Tamron SP 70-210mm F/3.5 Model 19AH: In my opinion, and for several reasons, this is the best 70-210 zoom lens ever designed and manufactured. Overall somewhat above average performance within its class, plus several notable design features. This later one-touch constant F3.5 aperture zoom features a unique "reverse" zooming cam in which the zoom collar moves forward to become a lens shade when zooming to the longer focal lengths. This, in conjunction with the bayonet lens hood, assures that the optics are always optimally shaded against stray light. The model 19AH has approximately 50% better overall resolution and contrast compared to the earlier two-touch model 52A. Macro optical performance is exceptional (for a zoom), reaching 1:2.66 life size at the 210mm position. Macro performance towards the corners of the field is superior to the earlier model. Achieving this high level of optical performance throughout the entire zooming and focusing ranges was no easy task.