Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 83 - Vivitar 35mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 83 - Vivitar 35mm/2.8 Reply with quote

m42 mount, serial starting with 37













PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look encouraging. Are they the whole of the image? If so, it would be nice to see some crops if you can manage it.


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
They look encouraging. Are they the whole of the image? If so, it would be nice to see some crops if you can manage it.


i rarely crop these samples, which photo would you like to see cropped?


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples.

I cannot pick out the focal point in #5 but the close shots are very good.


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:

I cannot pick out the focal point in #5 but the close shots are very good.

yeah, i should have stopped down the lens more than i did to get more DOF


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! The first and last especially are my favourites.

I've got one of these Tokina Vivitar 35mm 2.8s in M42 as well and really like it. As seen in your samples the colour is very nice and it's quite sharp and can focus quite closely. It was the first Tokina made lens I purchased and I liked it so much I've picked up three RMC Tokinas since then.


PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look very good samples. I've had bad experience with Tokina so I've written them off.


PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I've had bad experience with Tokina so I've written them off.

i, on the other hand, have had good experience with Tokina's , especially AT-X line of lenses


PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
I've had bad experience with Tokina so I've written them off.

i, on the other hand, have had good experience with Tokina's , especially AT-X line of lenses


...didn't think much of the Tokina 100-300mm zoom, can't tell you the "f" number as I've slung it in a box at the back of the cupboard Sad


PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
...didn't think much of the Tokina 100-300mm zoom, can't tell you the "f" number as I've slung it in a box at the back of the cupboard Sad

probably RMC f5.6 version


PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
...didn't think much of the Tokina 100-300mm zoom, can't tell you the "f" number as I've slung it in a box at the back of the cupboard Sad

probably RMC f5.6 version



Yes you are right.


PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
These look very good samples. I've had bad experience with Tokina so I've written them off.

What, you've written off the whole brand? Ever try a Tokina 90/2.5 macro ("Bokina")? Or their newer lenses such as 12-24/4, 11-16/2.8, 35/2.8 macro -- all brilliant lenses.


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples made with E-M5













PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series really, congrats!


PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks much better on the E-M5, looks like they are finally getting decent performance out of the small M4/3 sensor. Smile