Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 79 - CZJ DDR MC Pancolar 50mm/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 79 - CZJ DDR MC Pancolar 50mm/1.8 Reply with quote

i recently acquired my second version of Pancolar lens, so here are samples with it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Pancolar, simple perfect Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree with Attila, one of the best lenses in my backsack. To keep forever.
Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this the all-black MC version with red focal length markings?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2contagious wrote:
So is this the all-black MC version with red focal length markings?

i'll post photo of the lens later

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photos of the lens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I feel a little stupid to have sold mine. Yes, I agree with Attila and Jes, very nice performance from a very good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar wrote:
Now I feel a little stupid to have sold mine. Yes, I agree with Attila and Jes, very nice performance from a very good lens.

i got this version with praktica camera for 150 kuna (that's about 20 / 28$)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
Omar wrote:

i got this version with praktica camera for 150 kuna (that's about 20 / 28$)

Wow, that is cheap and very lucky...I had to pay much more for mine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super samples. I guess my nick stands Smile.

Something we didn't lack in ancient Yugoslavia surely were Pancolar lenses and Prakticas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Something we didn't lack in ancient Yugoslavia surely were Pancolar lenses and Prakticas.

true, also Zenit cameras with Helios 44's are plentyful in this area

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with Oly E-M5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Jena Pancolar mount on 5d MArk II Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
I recently got the bug for vintage lenses and I'm about to purchase my first one
I was thinking of Jena Pancolar 50 mm 1.8, but I saw on some website that some models the rear of the lens can touch with the MIRROR of the Canon 5d mark II anyone has experience or can recommend?

- Does the newer version MC (black barrel) touch the mirror?
- in case of the Zebra version, I saw there are 2 versions (talking about the rear part): the Through the lens metering or the "normal". Does it make any different when I mount it on a Canon 5d mark II ? Which one wold you recommend ?

thank you very much for your attention

Maxi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice shots. I would buy one if I could find someone to sell privately.. :0)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after considering buying one of these, is it true they have a radioactive lens?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vroger wrote:
So after considering buying one of these, is it true they have a radioactive lens?

Unspecified sub-versions of the Zebra CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8 feature thoriated element(s). All newer versions labeled 'MC' are thorium-free.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jena Pancolar mount on 5d MArk II Reply with quote

Maxi wrote:

- Does the newer version MC (black barrel) touch the mirror?

Maxi

Yes it does! I have it as well, can't use it at infinity!

This is a very good list of lenses for the 5D: http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/#Zenit