Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 78 - Minolta MD 50mm/1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 78 - Minolta MD 50mm/1.7 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images.

The rose looks a bit on the soft side.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
Nice images.

The rose looks a bit on the soft side.

it was shot wide open and it was very sunny day, so that might be the cause of that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots. I always find "any" shade of red the most difficult to get a nice clear/sharp focus. Not quite sure why that is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rose looks tack sharp to me but the contrast is very low in the sharp parts (all highly saturated colours).

Anyway, nice samples.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact i like your work. But i have to say this. All you prove is: THIS lens is working and capable to produce usable results. But using a lot of post production, closed apertures and cropped image everything just looks very much the same. 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 100mm, 135mm, 200mm, it's all the same. F1.2, F2.0, F2.8, F4. F5.6 it really doesn't count. Uncoated, Single coated, MC all just the same. Suggestion: try to include one shot wide-open. And maybe one shot at infinity. Keep one shot for fixed WB to compare color reproduction.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using E-M5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just keep reaching for this lens, on the NEX it's superb. It's a 'guaranteed shot' lens - if I get it right. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some images are very beautiful.

Subtle ones. Not excesive contrast, please. Something into the real world, delicate world.

No more that awful and vulgar contrast.

Please, something of art.