Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 65 - Olympus 50mm/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 65 - Olympus 50mm/1.8 Reply with quote











PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens isn't it ? Must have one to every one.


PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great lens isn't it ? Must have one to every one.


yes, i haven't found a zuiko lens that is bad, this one is also pretty affordable and there are plenty of them around


PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a lovely lens.

I am enjoying your series very much, but I am very jealous that I have many poor lenses, whereas you seem to have none! But then I am only in my first couple of years of LBA Smile


PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
This is a lovely lens.

I am enjoying your series very much, but I am very jealous that I have many poor lenses, whereas you seem to have none! But then I am only in my first couple of years of LBA Smile


well, i started collecting mf lenses in March of 2009

hopefully you'll find my series a good guide for getting new lenses Smile


PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:
This is a lovely lens.

I am enjoying your series very much, but I am very jealous that I have many poor lenses, whereas you seem to have none! But then I am only in my first couple of years of LBA Smile


well, i started collecting mf lenses in March of 2009

hopefully you'll find my series a good guide for getting new lenses Smile

You must have had some sage advice too Smile Congrats!


PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
WolverineX wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:
This is a lovely lens.

I am enjoying your series very much, but I am very jealous that I have many poor lenses, whereas you seem to have none! But then I am only in my first couple of years of LBA Smile


well, i started collecting mf lenses in March of 2009

hopefully you'll find my series a good guide for getting new lenses Smile

You must have had some sage advice too Smile Congrats!


pure luck Smile


PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent series but for me #1 is totally outstanding.

Is this the standard MC Auto-S 50mm fitted to the OM series?


PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.1 to my eyes is exceptional! It looks like a 3D image.


PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza59 wrote:
excellent series but for me #1 is totally outstanding.

Is this the standard MC Auto-S 50mm fitted to the OM series?


it's MC auto-s , s/n 1949603


PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful samples! Fresh atmosphere.


PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using E-M5











PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the other question is, which lens is it?

There are four varieties!!

If I recall correctly, they are:

- F.ZUIKO (silvernose)
- F.ZUIKO (non silvernose)
- "Japan"
- "Made in Japan"

The first (and maybe the 2nd) are a different optical formula to the last two, and the Made in Japan one is the best. The first one is single coated.


PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnas wrote:
I suppose the other question is, which lens is it?

There are four varieties!!

If I recall correctly, they are:

- F.ZUIKO (silvernose)
- F.ZUIKO (non silvernose)
- "Japan"
- "Made in Japan"

The first (and maybe the 2nd) are a different optical formula to the last two, and the Made in Japan one is the best. The first one is single coated.


mc auto-s with Japan written on the front