Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 53 - Olympus 35-70mm/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 53 - Olympus 35-70mm/4 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very nice shots Smile No.1 is my favourite followed by No.3.

Am I seeing things or can I see a diamond pattern in the OOF grass section in No.4...?

I have one of these and a Zuiko 75-150mm zoom and I'm planning on only hanging onto one of them - anyone got a preference...?

Always interesting to hear other's views.

Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM wrote:
Am I seeing things or can I see a diamond pattern in the OOF grass section in No.4...?

yes, but that's because that grass is behind a diamond pattern wire fence

OM wrote:
I have one of these and a Zuiko 75-150mm zoom and I'm planning on only hanging onto one of them - anyone got a preference...?

because they complement each other, covering different focal lengths, it depends which one covers the focal lenghts you most often use, that one you should keep....otherwise both are good lenses...maybe you should sell them both and try to get Zuiko 35-70mm/3.6 lens

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
...maybe you should sell them both and try to get Zuiko 35-70mm/3.6 lens

I have considered the 35-70/3.6 but the extra weight was putting me off.

Thanks for the thoughts anyway Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM wrote:

extra weight? difference is 15g...one coffee spoon of sugar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM wrote:

Unfortunately, the f/4 version is not that much lighter than the highly regarded (and more expensive) 35-70/3.6. The difference, however, is well worth the price: the f/3.6 lens is a true parfocal design (holds focus point when zoomed), has very smooth zoom and focus action thanks to hundreds of tiny ball bearings, and has a very smart hood designed to "extend" when the lens is zoomed towards the long end and "contract" when the lens is zoomed wider. (Of course, the hood itself remains stationary; it's the lens inner tube that extends when zoomed towards the WIDE and, and contracts when zoomed towards the LONG end - this behavior is exactly the opposite of what most lenses do, but not quite unique: Pentax 16-45/4, Canon 24-70/2.8L, and Zeiss 35-70/3.4 do the same thing, although only the Canon pulls the same trick with its deep and effective lens hood).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples made with E-M5