Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 41 - Jupiter 21M 200mm/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 41 - Jupiter 21M 200mm/4 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many great pictures are here! Frog , flowers , ducks all are nice and well captured moments! How would you like this lens ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
So many great pictures are here! Frog , flowers , ducks all are nice and well captured moments! How would you like this lens ?

i like the results this lens gives me, only thing is that it's a heavy lens, but on the other hand because of it's weight it lays in my hand nicely

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with E-M5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think Jupiter 21M is a remarkable lens. Sharp with rich colors. Your photos shows that in abundance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it has minimum focus distance of 1,8 m which, i think, is the smallest distance among all my 200mm lenses , so it's almost close focusing, that black and white butterfly almost filled the whole photo

Last edited by WolverineX on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a very good lens.

I'm particularly impressed by the IQ you obtained with the E-M5. Shocked

It stays well in your hand and you make it shine.
Congratulations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Images Reply with quote

Loved those shots- especially the frog and those of the butterflies.

A very nice lens in very competent hands.

Thanks for showing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples.

You'd better get your hands on a Jupiter 21A version. It has all the IQ and performance from the 21M, but is much sleeker and lighter. I had them both for a while, and eventually I let the 21M go, although it was hartbreaking sice I bought is so cheap and it gave me the best moon shots I ever made with stacked TCs.

The 21A has pre-set operation also, which s very nice for the DSLR user.

/T