Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 15 - Micro-Nikkor 105mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 15 - Micro-Nikkor 105mm/2.8 Reply with quote

Last edited by WolverineX on Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use exif viewer : Is it with your E-520 DSLR ? (I'm asking here for all your tests)
If you remember if it's wide open or not will be helpfull, even if you don't remember the precise f/ stop (like me Laughing )
Great lens and great results here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenix jc wrote:
I don't use exif viewer : Is it with your E-520 DSLR ? (I'm asking here for all your tests)
If you remember if it's wide open or not will be helpfull, even if you don't remember the precise f/ stop (like me Laughing )

yes, i'm only using oly e-520...for now... i hope to add oly m4/3 body in near future and new 4/3 body i'm hoping oly will announce at photokina

to tell you the truth i don't keep track of the precise f stop, but i believe that beer caps and the bumblebee were taken a bit stopped down, and white flower and the statue detail were wide open...but i could be wrong...i just go with the flow when taking photos, so i change the aperture to accomodate my shot (like everyone else, i'm sure) , so i don't know for every photo the exact aperture...only thing i could be sure is that when the photo is focused on a flower or other subject with background blurred , that i tried to show the bokeh of the lens so it's probably wide open

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
Phenix jc wrote:

yes, i'm only using oly e-520...for now... i hope to add oly m4/3 body in near future and new 4/3 body i'm hoping oly will announce at photokina

to tell you the truth i don't keep track of the precise f stop, but i believe that beer caps and the bumblebee were taken a bit stopped down, and white flower and the statue detail were wide open...but i could be wrong...i just go with the flow when taking photos, so i change the aperture to accomodate my shot (like everyone else, i'm sure) , so i don't know for every photo the exact aperture...only thing i could be sure is that when the photo is focused on a flower or other subject with background blurred , that i tried to show the bokeh of the lens so it's probably wide open

Thanks for your answer ; The control of DOF and its effect on bokeh is easier on a 4/3. Generally I double shot wo and stopped down (stop downed?) at the f/ stop I like (I use myself a 520 and a G1...for now)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with Oly E-M5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenix jc wrote:
stopped down (stop downed?)

Correct the first time, stopped down. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb results, as expected, from another lovely piece of Nikon glass. I have the f4 version and love it.