Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 15 - Micro-Nikkor 105mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 15 - Micro-Nikkor 105mm/2.8 Reply with quote

Last edited by WolverineX on Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use exif viewer : Is it with your E-520 DSLR ? (I'm asking here for all your tests)
If you remember if it's wide open or not will be helpfull, even if you don't remember the precise f/ stop (like me Laughing )
Great lens and great results here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenix jc wrote:
I don't use exif viewer : Is it with your E-520 DSLR ? (I'm asking here for all your tests)
If you remember if it's wide open or not will be helpfull, even if you don't remember the precise f/ stop (like me Laughing )

yes, i'm only using oly e-520...for now... i hope to add oly m4/3 body in near future and new 4/3 body i'm hoping oly will announce at photokina

to tell you the truth i don't keep track of the precise f stop, but i believe that beer caps and the bumblebee were taken a bit stopped down, and white flower and the statue detail were wide open...but i could be wrong...i just go with the flow when taking photos, so i change the aperture to accomodate my shot (like everyone else, i'm sure) , so i don't know for every photo the exact aperture...only thing i could be sure is that when the photo is focused on a flower or other subject with background blurred , that i tried to show the bokeh of the lens so it's probably wide open

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
Phenix jc wrote:

yes, i'm only using oly e-520...for now... i hope to add oly m4/3 body in near future and new 4/3 body i'm hoping oly will announce at photokina

to tell you the truth i don't keep track of the precise f stop, but i believe that beer caps and the bumblebee were taken a bit stopped down, and white flower and the statue detail were wide open...but i could be wrong...i just go with the flow when taking photos, so i change the aperture to accomodate my shot (like everyone else, i'm sure) , so i don't know for every photo the exact aperture...only thing i could be sure is that when the photo is focused on a flower or other subject with background blurred , that i tried to show the bokeh of the lens so it's probably wide open

Thanks for your answer ; The control of DOF and its effect on bokeh is easier on a µ4/3. Generally I double shot wo and stopped down (stop downed?) at the f/ stop I like (I use myself a 520 and a G1...for now)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with Oly E-M5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenix jc wrote:
stopped down (stop downed?)

Correct the first time, stopped down. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb results, as expected, from another lovely piece of Nikon glass. I have the f4 version and love it.