Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses part 131 - Minolta MD Rokkor 200mm/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: testing my lenses part 131 - Minolta MD Rokkor 200mm/4 Reply with quote

samples made with Olympus E-M5









PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, it's a lens that I'd buy just because I like Rokkors. It's now a lens I want to buy because it's obviously very good!


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Very good, it's a lens that I'd buy just because I like Rokkors. It's now a lens I want to buy because it's obviously very good!


bought it in a pawn shop for 70 kuna (9), and it's pretty beat up and front lens is full of tiny nicks, but it performs nicely


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a great lens but weighs a ton.


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post-1980 ones are lighter 400g vs 520g

Anyway if you go to artaphot.ch you will see that the best versions are incredibly sharp for the price, a bit better than the MD 200/2.8 and really not that far off the AF 200/2.8 APO G. Some claim they contain ED glass as well, but it has not been confirmed.


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Its a great lens but weighs a ton.


this one weighs 520g, but for me that's not a heavy lens


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the MD-I version (520 g) and it doesn't feel heavy at all on a NEX-5T. I'ts very compact, which improves handling and the results are good. Hand-holding it isn't easy, though Very Happy


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, especially no 2. Was it out of camera JPEG or you processed the RAW? What about the aperture?


PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listera wrote:
Nice shots, especially no 2. Was it out of camera JPEG or you processed the RAW? What about the aperture?


i only shoot jpeg, aperture on the second photo was wide open because i wanted to show bokeh


PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
listera wrote:
Nice shots, especially no 2. Was it out of camera JPEG or you processed the RAW? What about the aperture?


i only shoot jpeg, aperture on the second photo was wide open because i wanted to show bokeh


That means this lens is quite successful. Also it is suitable for the foliage, just like many of the other Rokkors.


PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good pics.

In the past, saw a lot of images taken with this lns, and the CA was impressive to my eyes.

But not here.

it seems to be a lens which needs how to use.

And in this place, you did a very good job.


PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Very good pics.

In the past, saw a lot of images taken with this lns, and the CA was impressive to my eyes.

But not here.

.

you can see some blue-green CA in the shot of the hawk statue in branches


PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. Boy spring gets up early in Europe. The snow just melted Saturday here.


PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinCrabtree wrote:
Nice shots. Boy spring gets up early in Europe. The snow just melted Saturday here.


this winter we didn't have much snow, it snowed couple of times but it melted couple of days after.


PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Very good pics.

In the past, saw a lot of images taken with this lns, and the CA was impressive to my eyes.

But not here.
...


The Minolta MC 4/200mm and the early version of the MD 4/200mm (520g) do not have strong CAs at all. Just after the introduction in my (german) text about the Minolta MC/MD 4/200mm you'll find three links, showing test results at 16MP APS-C, 24MP FF and 36MP FF:
http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektive/176-minolta-200mm-f4

Stephan