Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses part 129 - Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 58mm/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses part 129 - Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 58mm/1.4 Reply with quote

samples taken with Olympus E-M5













PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series - I have this lens, I must use it more.


PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone, maybe Ed? has posted pictures from this lens before, and it was put on my wanted list. It's just moved up a few places.


PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that lens is some kind of sharp! Should be registered as a deadly weapon. I especially like the bokeh in #3 and #5.


PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Nice series - I have this lens, I must use it more.

+1
I hardly touch mine, I usually reach for my MC 58/1.2


PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
Wow, that lens is some kind of sharp! Should be registered as a deadly weapon. I especially like the bokeh in #3 and #5.


it has to be stopped down at least one stop. wide open it's a bit soft, at least my copy


PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a copy of this lens a few weeks ago. I've only given it a couple of outings and so far I'm impressed.


PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
frenched wrote:
Wow, that lens is some kind of sharp! Should be registered as a deadly weapon. I especially like the bokeh in #3 and #5.


it has to be stopped down at least one stop. wide open it's a bit soft, at least my copy

Was it the MC-I or MC-II version? I found the MC-I to be considerably "softer" than the latter MC-II which is comparable in performance to the MC-X 1.4/50mm, at least on APS-C. Even though the lens sections for MC-I and MC-II look identical, the two lenses obviously are not: Dieter Gabler writes in his books about the SR-T that a new version of the MC 1.4/58mm with better optical performance was introduced around 1970. Popular photography finds around 1971 that the performance of the re-tested, new (MC-II) 1.4/58 is considerably better than the old 1.4/58mm (MC-I). And, last but not least, i myself found the same:

http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/321-nex-5n-und-minolta-50mm-objektive-teil-i

Stephan


PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
WolverineX wrote:
frenched wrote:
Wow, that lens is some kind of sharp! Should be registered as a deadly weapon. I especially like the bokeh in #3 and #5.


it has to be stopped down at least one stop. wide open it's a bit soft, at least my copy

Was it the MC-I or MC-II version? I found the MC-I to be considerably "softer" than the latter MC-II which is comparable in performance to the MC-X 1.4/50mm, at least on APS-C. Even though the lens sections for MC-I and MC-II look identical, the two lenses obviously are not: Dieter Gabler writes in his books about the SR-T that a new version of the MC 1.4/58mm with better optical performance was introduced around 1970. Popular photography finds around 1971 that the performance of the re-tested, new (MC-II) 1.4/58 is considerably better than the old 1.4/58mm (MC-I). And, last but not least, i myself found the same:

http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/321-nex-5n-und-minolta-50mm-objektive-teil-i

Stephan


i don't know version,serial of my copy is 5860781, maybe you can tell


PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Someone, maybe Ed? has posted pictures from this lens before, and it was put on my wanted list. It's just moved up a few places.


got one....looking forward to trying it. Laughing