Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses part 129 - Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 58mm/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses part 129 - Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 58mm/1.4 Reply with quote

samples taken with Olympus E-M5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series - I have this lens, I must use it more.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone, maybe Ed? has posted pictures from this lens before, and it was put on my wanted list. It's just moved up a few places.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that lens is some kind of sharp! Should be registered as a deadly weapon. I especially like the bokeh in #3 and #5.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Nice series - I have this lens, I must use it more.

+1
I hardly touch mine, I usually reach for my MC 58/1.2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
Wow, that lens is some kind of sharp! Should be registered as a deadly weapon. I especially like the bokeh in #3 and #5.

it has to be stopped down at least one stop. wide open it's a bit soft, at least my copy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a copy of this lens a few weeks ago. I've only given it a couple of outings and so far I'm impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
frenched wrote:

it has to be stopped down at least one stop. wide open it's a bit soft, at least my copy

Was it the MC-I or MC-II version? I found the MC-I to be considerably "softer" than the latter MC-II which is comparable in performance to the MC-X 1.4/50mm, at least on APS-C. Even though the lens sections for MC-I and MC-II look identical, the two lenses obviously are not: Dieter Gabler writes in his books about the SR-T that a new version of the MC 1.4/58mm with better optical performance was introduced around 1970. Popular photography finds around 1971 that the performance of the re-tested, new (MC-II) 1.4/58 is considerably better than the old 1.4/58mm (MC-I). And, last but not least, i myself found the same:

http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/321-nex-5n-und-minolta-50mm-objektive-teil-i

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
WolverineX wrote:
frenched wrote:

Was it the MC-I or MC-II version? I found the MC-I to be considerably "softer" than the latter MC-II which is comparable in performance to the MC-X 1.4/50mm, at least on APS-C. Even though the lens sections for MC-I and MC-II look identical, the two lenses obviously are not: Dieter Gabler writes in his books about the SR-T that a new version of the MC 1.4/58mm with better optical performance was introduced around 1970. Popular photography finds around 1971 that the performance of the re-tested, new (MC-II) 1.4/58 is considerably better than the old 1.4/58mm (MC-I). And, last but not least, i myself found the same:

http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/321-nex-5n-und-minolta-50mm-objektive-teil-i

Stephan

i don't know version,serial of my copy is 5860781, maybe you can tell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Someone, maybe Ed? has posted pictures from this lens before, and it was put on my wanted list. It's just moved up a few places.

got one....looking forward to trying it. Laughing