Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses part 126 - Tamron 70-210mm/4-5.6 58A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses part 126 - Tamron 70-210mm/4-5.6 58A Reply with quote

Samples taken with Olympus E-M5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results, and this lens isn't the best rated Tamron 70-210 either. ( That privilege goes to the 19AH SP70-210 / 3.5 )

Tamron certainly seemed to have a reputation for good zooms, that matches your reputation for getting the best out of any lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Tamron certainly seemed to have a reputation for good zooms, that matches your reputation for getting the best out of any lens.

out of 3 tamron zooms i acquired in the bundle, this i like least , 75-250 i like best, but it can still make decent shots if you are patient with it, especially for the price i got the bundle for, which is around 66 (90$)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens in the early 90s, when I was staring out in photography. It was a cheap lens but it was the first lens I bought new, rather than from the bargain basement end of the used cabinet, so I liked it a lot. It was also a big step up from the Hanimex 75-150 I had before it. Looking back now the light weight compact size are probably it's best features but I still have a soft spot for it.