Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 114 - Jupiter 8 50mm/2 m39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 114 - Jupiter 8 50mm/2 m39 Reply with quote

rangefinder version
samples taken with E-M5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shot with the birds: amazing!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots. The fountain in no 2 would never be allowed in Britain!! Stiff upper lip and let Johnny Foreigner muck about with things like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manneken Piss at Brussels too!!!

The shots seems a bit irrealisticly sharpen, Wolverinex. I do not know exactly what and how you pp this series. Looks amazing but a tad artificial for me, don't get me wrong, i'm not under-valuating the framing, colors and technical details of the photo: is more a question of perception and taste,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
The shots seems a bit irrealisticly sharpen, Wolverinex. I do not know exactly what and how you pp this series. Looks amazing but a tad artificial for me, don't get me wrong, i'm not under-valuating the framing, colors and technical details of the photo: is more a question of perception and taste

i sharpen every photo the same amount. as you said it's a matter of perception

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

Yep!

Amazing photograph. Well done!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many lenses have you tested already just this week ?! I'm envious Razz

I have this lens as well also in M39, great little lens.
I'm just not sure if it's my lens or my adapter, it often unscrews when I try to focus (turning the focus ring). Any idea on how to make it firm on the adapter?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
RSalles wrote:
The shots seems a bit irrealisticly sharpen, Wolverinex. I do not know exactly what and how you pp this series. Looks amazing but a tad artificial for me, don't get me wrong, i'm not under-valuating the framing, colors and technical details of the photo: is more a question of perception and taste

i sharpen every photo the same amount. as you said it's a matter of perception

..any colour correction? i have also this lens and iam very happy with the colour rendering

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

that one was "if it goes, it goes" shot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:
How many lenses have you tested already just this week ?! I'm envious Razz

i tested this last batch over few weeks, i was just too lazy to process them and upload them to flickr

bruzzo wrote:
I have this lens as well also in M39, great little lens.
I'm just not sure if it's my lens or my adapter, it often unscrews when I try to focus (turning the focus ring). Any idea on how to make it firm on the adapter?

focus ring, probably, is a little stiff. maybe you could try, when screwing in the lens, put a piece of paper in the screw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rutrem wrote:
..any colour correction?

i usually only correct black and white point in levels