Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 113 - SMC Pentax-M macro 100mm/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 113 - SMC Pentax-M macro 100mm/4 Reply with quote

somehow this one slipped through the cracks while i was testing lenses with E-520, so these are samples with E-M5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to deal in these lenses but sadly a large percentage of the smc m 100mm f4 lenses have fogged glass around the perimeter of the front element. I stopped buying them for this reason. One needs to exert extreme care in buying them and ask about the glass before buying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first example is outstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent shots! I had opportunity to get one too, with scratches, seller showed bad samples. so I passed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
I used to deal in these lenses but sadly a large percentage of the smc m 100mm f4 lenses have fogged glass around the perimeter of the front element. I stopped buying them for this reason. One needs to exert extreme care in buying them and ask about the glass before buying.

i got this one cheap and in excellent condition on local flea market along with smc pentax-m 50mm/1.4, both in their respective cases and front and back caps for 400 kuna ( that's around 70$ for both lenses)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great bargain Shocked
and really nice shots too

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's one sharp lens, very good samples, congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very fine! I have that one, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the earlier smcK version of the 100mm F4 which is the same lens optically but in a slightly larger barrel.
Excellent lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great color, contrast, and sharpness. I have a smc tak 100/4 w/hood in m42. It's a late one with rubberized focusing collar and is in almost mint condition. It's quite compact.. I haven't done much with it yet, but something tells me I'm gonna like it. I bought it for $20 out of a used lens bin that a local camera shop had. After seeing these example, I hope mine performs similarly.

I'm curious -, does this one have the same optical formula as the later k-Mount ones? Anybody know?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Great color, contrast, and sharpness. I have a smc tak 100/4 w/hood in m42. It's a late one with rubberized focusing collar and is in almost mint condition. It's quite compact.. I haven't done much with it yet, but something tells me I'm gonna like it. I bought it for $20 out of a used lens bin that a local camera shop had. After seeing these example, I hope mine performs similarly.

I'm curious -, does this one have the same optical formula as the later k-Mount ones? Anybody know?

there was only one version of the 100mm takumar macro lens, the one you have. And yes, its the same optical formula as the k mount
100 F4 macro lenses, but not the same as the smcA 100mm F2.8 of course.