Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 100 - Pentacon auto 100mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 100 - Pentacon auto 100mm/2.8 Reply with quote

tested on E-M5
one of my four new acquisitions at the latest Zagreb photo fair

nice lens, but could really benefit from a hood. when i shot the grapes, contrast went out the door when i lifted the frame upwards just a little. then i used my free hand as a makeshift hood and contrast returned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely samples, seems to be a very good lens and it's for sure a great combo with the EM-5!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 indeed look great on the e-m5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portraits lens. Medium contrast, subtle colors. Good sharpness.

We don't know which apertures did you use, but good rendering to especific subjects.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 - amazing pictures!

Testing just now Pentacon 135 on Nikon body... still need to find that "Bokeh monster angle" everyone is raving about... but one test picture is here:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOme Meyer's lenses are overpassed by others with more sharpness and contrast. But they have a high IQ, and that not equal to sharpness, as all of us know.

Special touch, great photo takers. 29 ( a good one, of course), 50, 100 or 135. All must have one of them, at least.