Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Test 28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Test 28mm Reply with quote

Conducted a test of the old 28 manual fixes. My goal is to see the performance of the lens in the far field. Test is performed on a full frame camera Sony A7R
Participants:

fujinon 28mm f3.5 (байонетный)

Minolta MD3 28mm f2.8 (7/7)

tamron adaptall2 28mm f2.5

Konica 28mm f3.5 (7/7)

mitakon 28mm f2.8

The control frame.

f5.6 The left side

f5.6 The lower left corner

f5.6 The lower right corner

f8 The left side

f8 The lower left corner

f8 The lower right corner

The result:
First of all I must say that all of the lenses "soap" on the left side in the far field in varying degrees. (Mitakon was very poor and I did not do the crops)

fujinon 28mm f3.5 (байонетный) - showed slightly better results than others. (I have recently. I will try next.)

Minolta MD3 28mm f2.8 (7/7) - "soap" on the left side. Perhaps it is my copy bad. Very low ХA (based on experience)

tamron adaptall2 28mm f2.5 - The center and the sides are good but corners are the worst. Blue hares.

Konica 28mm f3.5 (7/7) - The results are similar to the Minolta but no such "soap" on the left side. I recently, nothing to add. (Version of 7/7 is considered to be the best Konica but I've seen the opinion of one fan Konica he claims that the latest version of f22 5/5 better.)

mitakon 28mm f2.8 - The worst of presents. The left side is a soap. Large "barrel" and the real focal length 29-30mm.

Below is a link to all the full size bed frames. https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/sergun-p/album/548108

Last edited by sergun on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Test 28mm Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
First of all I must say that all of the lenses "soap" on the left side in the far field in varying degrees.

Please pardon my ignorance - Embarassed - "soap"?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ad blocker doesn't like your image hoster. The older 3.5 lenses seem to perform better than the 2.8 ones. Probably they were more focussed on sharpness than brightness wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
My ad blocker doesn't like your image hoster. The older 3.5 lenses seem to perform better than the 2.8 ones. Probably they were more focussed on sharpness than brightness wide open.

I couldn't help but notice that the larger the aperture, the smaller the front element!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Test 28mm Reply with quote

fwcetus wrote:
sergun wrote:
First of all I must say that all of the lenses "soap" on the left side in the far field in varying degrees.

From Russia with Love.

In the sense of Russian phraseology "soap in the eye" means: stop seeing and notice the essence, important, details, from the general to allocate the private, not to notice the new and beautiful, in short - to stop reacting to changes and changes. With reference to the photograph "soap" means the absence of details in any part of the picture.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Test 28mm Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
fwcetus wrote:
sergun wrote:

From Russia with Love.
In the sense of Russian phraseology "soap in the eye" means: stop seeing and notice the essence, important, details, from the general to allocate the private, not to notice the new and beautiful, in short - to stop reacting to changes and changes. With reference to the photograph "soap" means the absence of details in any part of the picture.

Ah, OK -- Thanks !!! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Test 28mm Reply with quote

fwcetus wrote:
sergtum wrote:
fwcetus wrote:
sergun wrote:

From Russia with Love.

Ah, OK -- Thanks !!! Smile

For a moment I thought it had something to do with "bubble bokeh"? Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald.. Laugh 1 You have a mind just like mine....Twisted Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all lenses had weak left side, you might also consider some other calibration issue (camera, sensor, adapter...).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also began to think that maybe the fault of the adapters or their conjunction but as shown by further tests on other lenses it's impossible. Ran a preliminary test old lenses in the range of 70-150mm including Minolta 75-150 and it showed "soap" in the right part of the image (loss of 15-20% of the area of the field)

p.s Maybe I just want a lot of old lenses. My newest Firin Tokina 20mm f2 is also "soap" on the right side.

The interpreter translates what the garbage ) Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to the dough. Came to my Distagon T* 28mm f2.8 mmj c/y. The best test I have left, Fujinon-w 28mm f3.5.

Control frame (A7R)

Center f8

The right side f8

The lower left corner f8

The left side f8

full size in the folder

Since I only tested the sharpness in the far field the conclusion is obvious.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too suspect there may be an issue with your setup, with that many lenses being soft on the same side suggest a miss alignment in the mount or sensor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I too suspect there may be an issue with your setup, with that many lenses being soft on the same side suggest a miss alignment in the mount or sensor.

Yes, at me too such suspicions. On the left side a little more "soap". can't imagine how on five different lenses with different adapters this happens.

p/s Distagon 28mm f2.8 mmj