Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telisar = Isco ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Telisar = Isco ? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure

I recently bought a rather attractive "zebra" style Leica screw-mount 135/3.5 lens as a "fixer-upper". It is a "Telisar" (not "Telesar", which I know for sure is a Japanese no-name brand), and I assumed it was one of many Japanese anonymous brands of the early 1960's.

But this thing is actually rather nicely made, says its made in Germany, has every sign of Isco styling of the period (thank you Captain Jack !)and, most interestingly, its perfectly-fitting lens cap has the Isco logo.

So does anyone know if Telisar was just a brand name for Isco ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly not a name that I've heard of....absolutely nothing comes up under any search engine either...very odd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Isco-Telisar-13-5cm-3-5-lens-Leica-screw-mount-Rare_W0QQitemZ220215185158QQihZ012QQcategoryZ30063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats mine - its for sale.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured...its nice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed very nice lens!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know filter size of telisar 135 3.5 ltm?
UPD: At this moment I found info about 45x0.5mm