Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telemar 22A (200mm F5.6) 000782
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Telemar 22A (200mm F5.6) 000782 Reply with quote

For now just some images of the lens. Shots taken with it will follow soon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one too - it's the one pictured in the entry on pentax forums lens reviews. Not such a cool serial number... . -A mount (=t-mount) is handy.

I thought it was quite good without producing anything that made me go aha! but f5.6 is slow. Being oversupplied at 200mm I let it go..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens. Mine (silver version) suffer from internal reflexion, that makes it quite impossible to use.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen: Any update on this? Looks much like the Tair-11A. Nice multi-bladed diaphragm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Karen: Any update on this? Looks much like the Tair-11A. Nice multi-bladed diaphragm.
yessss. I had completely forgotten I had this lens. I am going to get some shots with this one tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
woodrim wrote:
yessss. I had completely forgotten I had this lens. I am going to get some shots with this one tomorrow!

Do it, please. I bought one today. Actually, it's still warm. Silver of course.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of this just recently. It sure is slow, but not much so more than the two Telemegors I got recently. If it has anything unique about its rendering, good, otherwise I don't know what would recommend it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guy in my hometown who has 2 of those (silver version) for sale cheap. I wonder how it performs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humulus wrote:
There is a guy in my hometown who has 2 of those (silver version) for sale cheap. I wonder how it performs.

I have them both bookmarked but he do not communicate with me either English or "Google Translate Polish". Wrote him like 3 messages already... I wonder how to get them into my hands for like 3 days Evil or Very Mad Have a large family of MF photographers here to feed Laughing!

I believe we are talking about the very same case. Does one of them have even silver caps? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - gotta be the same guy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide open:

F8, crop of a boring wall shot:

Bokeh stays nice and round at all apartures due to the many aparture blades (I had to shoot this right into the sun to get some bokeh balls....):

Conclusion:
- It's a decent enough lens
- Good bokeh
- Pretty heavy, I would not recommend shooting it handheld
- A hood might improve the performance, but I didn't have any for this filter thread size

This focal lenght isn't any good for my type of photography though so it's going up for sales

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems nice and sharp wide open Smile Thanks for the lovely samples!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, looks great Very Happy