Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele-Takumar 1:5.6/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject: Tele-Takumar 1:5.6/200 Reply with quote

A7RII f/8

#1 Mountain 50km away -- see the cell towers? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Tele-Takumar 1:5.6/200 Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
A7RII f/8

I can see the mosquitos cloud around those towers Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Tele-Takumar 1:5.6/200 Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
A7RII f/8

I can see the mosquitos cloud around those towers Very Happy

How about t all these? Smile
https://pestpush.com/mosquito-predators/

pixels from 43mp sensor

Thanks @kds315*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these lenses as well. Small, light weight, very well built, all metal. And excellent optical quality. What is not to like? Smile

Regards, C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

connloyalist wrote:
I have one of these lenses as well. Small, light weight, very well built, all metal. And excellent optical quality. What is not to like? Smile

Regards, C

Nice lens, I recently found mine that I lost after moving 5 years ago 😊
There’s really not too much choice if you want a very compact 200mm. There’s the Zuiko 200/5 but I’m not sure if it is as good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
There’s the Zuiko 200/5 but I’m not sure if it is as good.

I recently picked up a Zuiko 200/5. It's pretty good, I like it. I haven't done any extensive testing so I can't say one is better than the other, but the Olympus is certainly not a bad lens.

Weather permitting I will try to take some test shots one of these days.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

connloyalist wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
There’s the Zuiko 200/5 but I’m not sure if it is as good.

I recently picked up a Zuiko 200/5. It's pretty good, I like it. I haven't done any extensive testing so I can't say one is better than the other, but the Olympus is certainly not a bad lens.

Weather permitting I will try to take some test shots one of these days.

Regards, C.

Looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Looking forward to it!

This unexciting picture was not taken today (if you are in the Netherlands then that should be obvious) but a months ago. This is the Olympus OM 200mm f/5.0 at f/8. And not a 1:1 comparison with a Takumar 200mm 5.6 (yet). The camera is an Olympus E-M1 MkIII. The concrete frame of an old office building is about 800 meters away if I remember correctly from measuring it on Google Earth. The plan is/was to turn it into appartments but that has been put on hold. So we are left looking at this. Makes for a good test target for lenses.

I had to crop the picture down just a little to get it within the size limit of the forum here. Didn't do anything to it other than shave it down a little and save it at 90% quality (that dropped the files size from 14MB to 5.5MB)

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great subject for a comparison between the two lenses😉
It would actually be very interesting to see these lenses compared, as they are about the only go to lenses when you want something very compact in the 200mm category.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to yesterday, today the weather is very nice for taking some pictures.

Camera: Olympus E-M1 MkIII, ISO 200, Image Stabilization turned OFF. Camera is on a tripod with a 2 second self timer. Auto white balance.

Both pictures have taken a trip through the "OM Workspace" application where I saved the raw file as "fine" in stead of my default "super fine" in order to reduce the file size. Other than that this is SOOC.

The concrete shell of the building in front is roughly 400 meters away from me. The apartment building behind the concrete shell is about 400 meters further away.

Lens: Olympus OM 200mm f/5 at f/8:

Asahi Takumar 200mm f/5.6 at f/8:

To my eyes these lenses are pretty close.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
..as they are about the only go to lenses when you want something very compact in the 200mm category.

Konica Hexanon ARP 200mm 5.6?

I have never seen one, so these might be rare.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax-m 200mm is actually a bit shorter and lighter than the takumar. Wider though.
There are a lot of cheap short 70-210mm F4-5.6 zoom from the eighties from the likes of Tokina, Tamron and Sigma and several rebrands.

Something like it was covered here: http://forum.mflenses.com/which-would-be-the-best-small-200mm-t70507.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
The Pentax-m 200mm is actually a bit shorter and lighter than the takumar. Wider though.
There are a lot of cheap short 70-210mm F4-5.6 zoom from the eighties from the likes of Tokina, Tamron and Sigma and several rebrands.

Something like it was covered here: http://forum.mflenses.com/which-would-be-the-best-small-200mm-t70507.html

Interesting, didn’t think about the Pentax-M. Slightly shorter FL is the Sigma APO 180/5.6 macro, which I do own (AF version btw) and has great optics.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

connloyalist wrote:
Contrary to yesterday, today the weather is very nice for taking some pictures.

Camera: Olympus E-M1 MkIII, ISO 200, Image Stabilization turned OFF. Camera is on a tripod with a 2 second self timer. Auto white balance.

Both pictures have taken a trip through the "OM Workspace" application where I saved the raw file as "fine" in stead of my default "super fine" in order to reduce the file size. Other than that this is SOOC.

The concrete shell of the building in front is roughly 400 meters away from me. The apartment building behind the concrete shell is about 400 meters further away.

Lens: Olympus OM 200mm f/5 at f/8:

To my eyes these lenses are pretty close.

Regards, C.

Differences are minimal indeed although the E-M1 MkIII's sensor doesn't capture the corners you would capture on FF. The Takumar looks a tiny bit cleaner in the sunny parts (in terms of CA), although the difference is small and could be caused by slight focusing differences as well.